Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick search, and didn't come up with anything.

Bought my truck in November 2010. My mechanic said that the hard lines coming off the front of the fuel filter to the engine block looked a little wet for his liking, meaning that they would need to be replaced.

The last few days, I've noticed a strong smell of diesel, and low and behold, it looks like I've got a leak from around the area of the fuel filter, because everything looks like it's been sprayed with diesel. How big of a deal is it to change the hard lines coming off the filter? I know that being clean is the main issue, but is it a job best tackled by a mechanic or the *GASP* dealership?

Any help is appreciated, I'd like to get this fixed asap since this is my work truck, and I'm going to get a few quotes today.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I would think it shouldn't be too hard. I am sure you will have to take your line off and get one made if the dealership/parts store doesn't have one in stock.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Fuel Filter Replacement Cost 2005

I have a 2005 model, 2500 ram with 41K mile
Called the Dodge dealership to schedule the fuel filter replacement as i just bought the truck and do not know the maintenance history

Was quoted
fuel filter replacement: $100
transmission service: $165
coolant service $?? do not remember what that was

are these cost in line

oil has been changed and air filter gauge looks good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts