Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just bought a 12v and the fuel gauge don't work. So last night he ran it out of fuel. We have tried everything to get it cranked from cracking the line lose to changing the fuel filter. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
589 Posts
try filling the fuel filter before installing. i never have a problem when changing the filter with starting it back up. good luck

rande

·
Registered
596 Posts
I agree with filling the filter up with fuel, crack an injector line and keep cranking, it will start eventually

·
Registered
35 Posts
if its serious, like he ran the lines bone dry, you could try what we do with our tractors sometimes when they run completely dry:

take off the filter and fill it, replace
crack injectors 1,3,6, crank until small amounts of fuel start spraying out
stop cranking and tighten 1,3,6, loosen 2,4,5, repeat till fuel starts spraying around them,
stop cranking and tighten all injectors, crank it till it starts if it hasn't already.

Usually as soon as we get three cylinders firing, it will idle, but very rough and it slowly smooths out as you tighten 2,4,5 (you can leave it running while you tighten them, but do it quickly)

always worked on the tractors, did it once on my truck when I accidentally drained the fuel filter by bumping the purge valve on the bottom when I was working inside that fenderwell. I didn't even fill my filter, just started by cracking 1,3,6 and cranking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts