Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 automatic
I put a new head and studs on it and 75hp injector but it will only run on 1 and 6 cylinders.
So far I have put a new fass 165
New vp44 and New cummins cross over tubes and I have but a break out box on it as well but through everything still only 1 and 6 are running is it possible to have gotten 4 bad injectors? Also there is no smoke out of the exhaust

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Some questions:

Where did the injectors come from? Are they used or new? If used, were they pop tested? Exactly how did you determine only cylinders 1 and 6 are firing? Did you crack the fuel hard lines for cylinders 2,3,4,5 to verify they are getting fuel? Why the need for the breakout box instead of the ECM?

·
Registered
23,500 Posts
Don't think it can run atall on 2 cylinders. Maybe fire on them but not run. Codes? Getting good spray from all fittings when bleeding?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Did you read any of my questions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry 2002cyd your original post just now showed up for be i answered the other comments question by mistake.
They are 75hp new from power driven i also did a compression test today all 6 are very close to 450psi i belive its running on 2 because if I crack 1 or 6 it dies but no other line makes a difference plus those 2 are the only ones get hot with a thermometer

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
No problem. Sometimes there can be a delay with forum posts. I didn't mean that to sound accusatory.

Your compression psi is good. Based on your description of what's occurring, I suggest you swap the injectors for cylinders 1 and 2 and see what happens. If cylinder 2 starts firing, then I think that points directly to an issue with the injectors. Will the engine run with the ECM and not the breakout box?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It runs the same on the ecm and the break out box i sent the injectors off today im hoping that's the problem if not idk what to look at i also ran a competition test last night all where close to 450

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
and I have fuel at all lines
If you have fuel at all lines then the IP is doing it's job as long as it's a good spray and not just a dribble. Are you sure the crossover tubes were seated correctly in the injectors?

Reactions: 2002CTD

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
It runs the same on the ecm and the break out box i sent the injectors off today im hoping that's the problem if not idk what to look at i also ran a competition test last night all where close to 450
Good deal. Hopefully having the injectors tested gives you some answers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts