Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1991 Dodge w250 4x4
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i downloaded mild tune then put the timeing on 3 which is "defult timing" correct.?? my question here is on the minimi max i have Stock,tow, street,& proformance. does this sound correct and if so can i safely run proformance or just run steet. i have no pyro and was told to run mild/3 no att. i have delete pipe and minini max...thanks

· Registered
1991 Dodge w250 4x4
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea man pyro's a month out what about proformance is that ok or to much under the mild tune download

· Registered
13 Posts
I was wondering about the no att thing aswell. Just got my mini maxx tempting me from the box right now.

· Registered
84 Posts
I had mine in the box but got the mount right above the mirror, decided to get the mounted up and run the wire so when i did install the minimaxx i would just need to plug it up, well.... it got plugged up 5 min after

· Registered
717 Posts
The power is more usable and the auto trans shifts better, w/ att the turbo spools so fast that your drive pressures get high at a lower rpm. Try it and see for your self. If you tow it is much better power through out the rpm w/ no att

· Registered
84 Posts
Ok well i dont tow anything. And i have noticed the turbo spools super quick. The road conditions were a little slick and i noticed the back end stepping out almost every shift. Fun but may not be practical

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
1991 Dodge w250 4x4
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I post a thread right before I got my mini max on which was ok to run because I didn't have a pyro yet. Mild with timings 3 with no att. That come from some of your more know people on here. Now the att if I under stand correctly you need to be real careful with that unless u have done the proper mods. Step in here anyone who runs att and let us know.

· Registered
17,210 Posts
i run mild timing 2 with ATT BUT BUT with the roads all slick I should go to NO ATT . with ATT I just have to be a little soft on the skinny. I dont tow anything and drive much like an old-timer until I get STUDS

· Registered
84 Posts
Maybe I'll turn the att off then, but is att in the default tunes? why would HS have that as there default if its requires much more modifications(i'm assuming head studs)?

One other question is what gauges function correctly on a stock vehicle, I've noticed a pyro 1 that does read some type of temp, trans temp stays at 32*, torque reads out 0, I haven't played with any other gauges. Mine are set not to boost, throttle position, coolant temp, and pyro 1.

· Registered
131 Posts
I run wild/3/with att, and I've never had any problems. Pyro never gets over 850 and the max boost I've seen is 32. Now I do drive it like an old lady, no racing or anything. When I switched to no att to try it out, I lost at least 1.5mpg. But this is only my experience. Every truck and person is different...

· Registered
45 Posts
I run wild/3 with ATT and my boost gets out off control pretty quick,up in the 35-40 with trying to pass or pull a hill with little 5K trailer.Even in town light to light it's in the 20's I am sure mine is do the the lift and tires/cold weather.Will be switching to no ATT asap.H&S sent me a new S/D card supposedly loaded with no att and when I went to upload the truck with no dpf present is said error???I knew there was a reason I was nervous to update.Lucky I had my old s/d. Need to call today,not sure if I wasnt clear or they sent me one for a new street model:confused013:. All the EPA stuff has me a little skeptical now..

· Registered
80 Posts
Just my .02. I've read that several people have blown their head gasket(even with 625 studs) running the mini max on hot with the stock turbo. The boost pressure will stay in check, however the drive pressure sky rockets due to the small exhaust side of the Vgt turbo. This in turn causes your head gasket to blow. Guys have run as little as the mild setting on the mini w/ and w/out studs and blew a head gasket. Long story short, watch your dp until you get a turbo that corrects the problem.

· Registered
36 Posts
Mild 3 Att h&s default people have run this all the time with no worries.Idont think h&s would have this tune as default tow if it would destroy your motor use your head and your right foot .Mild 2 no att 1.5 gpm worse than mild 3 att

· Registered
80 Posts
Montag- don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing h and s. They have a fantastic tuner. I have a mini max myself. I'm just saying the exhaust port on our stock Vgt turbo is small and when you start upping the air and hp it increases drive pressure. A good fit turbo for your application will have your truck screamin with low drive pressures and lower egt's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.