Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running edge on 5 and mp-8 at 100% is this bad on the tranny if I'm not romping on it I'm doing it because I seem to be getting best mpg but don't think the saving will be benificial if I screw the transmission up. by the ways its the auto

Input is always greatly appreciated
thanks Robert

·
Registered
319 Posts
Im with you and curious about that Im running the same setup for the most part. Same setting atleast

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Just take advantage of the safety features of the Juice (de-fueling if the trans slips. etc.) and no boosted launches and you'll be fine Robert.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just take advantage of the safety features of the Juice (de-fueling if the trans slips. etc.) and no boosted launches and you'll be fine Robert.
that's good to know because I have been on the fence about this stack for my truck. I think I am going to add the mp8, I haven't seen the edge defuel for anything yet so I'm going to throw some more at it and see what happens. If I do the mp8 I will also be adding a FASS 150/150 to the combo just for reassurance really.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
that's good to know because I have been on the fence about this stack for my truck. I think I am going to add the mp8, I haven't seen the edge defuel for anything yet so I'm going to throw some more at it and see what happens. If I do the mp8 I will also be adding a FASS 150/150 to the combo just for reassurance really.
That's a good plan. I have the Juice/MP-8 and FASS 150/150 on my truck. No problems in 10,000 miles.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Like K2 said. You should be fine. Just use a little common sense. Drive normal and all will be fine. Launch it once and watch parts break.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I can't launch it with 3 lbs of boost it blows the tires off! I have a 2wd so hard launches are out for me unless I get some good tires. I really just want something for rolling launches that will make up for the lack of getting off the line fast.

K2 how do you like that FASS? I have never had one, this is my first diesel truck to mod. Also, what are the limits on the high pressure pump? Will this stack basically max it out, or will I have room to grow later?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I can't launch it with 3 lbs of boost it blows the tires off! I have a 2wd so hard launches are out for me unless I get some good tires. I really just want something for rolling launches that will make up for the lack of getting off the line fast.

K2 how do you like that FASS? I have never had one, this is my first diesel truck to mod. Also, what are the limits on the high pressure pump? Will this stack basically max it out, or will I have room to grow later?

This is the 3rd FASS that I have had. I have put one on my last 3 trucks and have been very pleased with them. The 150/150 will provide plenty of fuel for the Juice/MP-8 stack and more. I chose that one because I knew I would be adding injectors down the road and I only wanted to due the pump once.

·
Registered
448 Posts
LRCanon

I noticed in your sig you have 8000K HID's.

Please tell me that they are worth the money. My head lights SUCK.

I had a 2005 Chev and it had great lights. I got spoild. Now I can't see SHEEEET.

Sorry off topic. :thud:

·
Registered
69 Posts
How do you know if you arent getting enough fuel? Is that the shaking it is doing when you romp on it? I think my next upgrade is going to be the FASS.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
How do you know if you arent getting enough fuel? Is that the shaking it is doing when you romp on it? I think my next upgrade is going to be the FASS.
I could tell my truck was starving for fuel because it wood surge on WOT. Also I could here injector knock with it floored and the injectors wood rattle for a second or two again when I wood let from WOT.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Could you tell much increase in performance when you added the FASS?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Could you tell much increase in performance when you added the FASS?
My truck felt like a new truck with the FASS installed. It idled and ran smoother and it also felt like it took less throttle to get up to speed like the truck didnt have to fight for fuel anymore. I also put it on to help clean the fuel and save the injectors. It is a well worth item to get for the 6.7 with stacking chips IMO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds great..ill order one asap..how hard is the installation? thanks

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
The installation is pretty simple. The hardest part is dropping the tank to drill and insert the need feed pick up line for the pump.

·
Registered
655 Posts
LRCanon

I noticed in your sig you have 8000K HID's.

Please tell me that they are worth the money. My head lights SUCK.

I had a 2005 Chev and it had great lights. I got spoild. Now I can't see SHEEEET.

Sorry off topic. :thud:
I like my hid's a lot, another guy here in this thread has recently installed some, that's jon neimeyer, and he seems to like his so far. they do put out far more light than the stock bulbs.:thumbsup

·
Registered
73 Posts
I want the juice with attitude so bad, Im just scared it will void my waranty if I ever have anything go wrong. I think im gonna get it anyway and hope my dealer is cool about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts