Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be running 35's in the future and just ordered 2" spacers for the duals. My question is with it being cab and chassis..will I need an extra spacer to keep the inside tire off the springs? Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for today

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Bump for today
I wouldn't think so, I had 35,s on my dually with 3" spacers in between the duals and nothing on the inside and had plenty of room and I don't see that there is that big of a difference between a cab and chassis and a regular truck if it all other than the frame being striaght:thumbsup:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I wouldn't think so, I had 35,s on my dually with 3" spacers in between the duals and nothing on the inside and had plenty of room and I don't see that there is that big of a difference between a cab and chassis and a regular truck if it all other than the frame being striaght:thumbsup:

There is a big difference between a chassis cab rear in that its not nearly as wide as the regular dually rear. Chassis cab frames are not straight they are the same only about 4" longer (on the 60" cab to axle version).

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a big difference between a chassis cab rear in that its not nearly as wide as the regular dually rear. Chassis cab frames are not straight they are the same only about 4" longer (on the 60" cab to axle version).
So will I have rub issues on the inner tires..i plan on goin 35 12.50 with 2 inch spacers.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
So will I have rub issues on the inner tires..i plan on goin 35 12.50 with 2 inch spacers.
If its narrower in the frame then you would have more room cause the axles aren't different

·
Registered
803 Posts
B02 what size tire are you thinking about running? I am going to get a coupla measurements to give you an idea. Also what rims you running or going to.

Nick. Relax. You don't know what your talking about.

·
Registered
803 Posts

I overlooked this post before my previous question. My bad

Ok. So I checked a couple things out. My findings are as follows: my 95 chassis cab currently has 245/75-16 tires which are 9" wide and provide about an inch clearance to the leaf pack and about 7/16 clearance to the u-bolt. I have a 35/12.5 tire loose and it measured about 11.5" Wide. Who knows how wide it'll be once mounted to a skinny dually wheel. Maybe about 11.5-12. That's something your going to have to check. Have one mounted and check for fitment. I am thinking your going to need about a 1.5" spacer between the drum and inner wheel. And your going to want a top quality hub centric spacer. Which precisely mounts on the hub and provides hub centric mounting for the inner wheel as well as the spacer between the wheels.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
B02 what size tire are you thinking about running? I am going to get a coupla measurements to give you an idea. Also what rims you running or going to.

Nick. Relax. You don't know what your talking about.
Nevermind the one I measured the dude chewed a rearend up on (500k truck) and swapped a regular rear axle on it he said they are different, learn something everyday I suppose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts