Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running Mobil Delvac 1300 and quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer,Ive read that Lucas is Bad for the motor.Is this true?Thinking of switching to Valvoline Premium Blue Non Synthetic.Can I have your thoughts?Thanks Ron

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
If you using Mobil Delvac or any other quality diesel oil there is no need to use any oil additive with your oil. As for some saying Lucas is bad for the engine I have not seen any proof of it. Like I said I see no need to use any oil additive so long as your using good oil in a sound engine.

JMHO

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
What dblr said. The lucas oil stabilizer is a basic base stock that increases viscosity.
i'd run the Valvoline over the 1300.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Delvac, Shell, it's a long list, any good oil. If you buy a cheaper oil, change it more often, do not cheap-out on the filter AC Delco, Fleetguard, or Baldwin, are the best. Dump the oil additive, in all my years or working on engine's I have never seen one that helped and lots that caused problem's. PLAY SAFE!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Don't know about the Lucas oil additive but the Lucas fuel additive is worthless! If that's any indication as to the oil additive performance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know about the Lucas oil additive but the Lucas fuel additive is worthless! If that's any indication as to the oil additive performance.
Thanks for the comments guys,Planning on Premium Blue next oil change,Only 2 K into this oil running now.The Premiun Blue Dino here in Hawaii is 13.00 per Gallon.Aloha and Thanks Guys Ron.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts