Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i put twins on my 98 would that cool it down some. if so then what size do i need to get. thanks for the input.

· Sasquatch
3,788 Posts
You might have the 370 injectors with the wrong spray pattern which will help create high EGT. Twins will help cool your EGT, I'd recommend an HX35/40 over an HT3B or S475 which would be good for around 550 hp or maybe a little more. If you want a bigger set of twins then a 62/65 over an S475 or S480 should be more than enough. It all depends on what your goals are.

Just out of curiosity what kind of EGT are you seeing and how much boost are you running?

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do have the wrong injectors, im trying to cool it down without spending a lot of money so i was going to use the 66/14 thats on it now, my temps with the fuel up and no towing will pass 1800 if i get on it and the boost is around 56lbs.

· Sasquatch
3,788 Posts
Another option would be to put an S300G over the 66 which would be similar to the BD tow twins. Before investing in making a custom twin set I think you should see how your setup performs with a better set of injectors, if your EGT is still too high then it would be time to go for twins.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
should i put some 5X12s on or 4X12s, my mpg is hittin about 15 if i take it easy and around 10 or maybe a little lower if i play with it some.

· Sasquatch
3,788 Posts
5x12 will be just fine, I'm running a 5x12 and in the '97 and it'll get 22mpg on the highway with a light foot and 13 mpg towing. After you get some new injectors you can sell those other injectors since some people still like them as a cheap upgrade.

You can get a 5x12 injector set from Jkidd with the corrected spray pattern for around 370 dollars.

· Vendor
13,019 Posts
your timing is too high, get correct spray injectors, laser cut DV are hotter smokier, turbo is probably too big. What about your AFC and fuel plate?

kdthornhi
98 2500, 4k springs, 20 over gsk, 20 timing, tuned pump, 370 sticks, laser cut dvs, 66/14 turbo

· Registered
1,830 Posts
loose the laser cuts unless your racing and pulling

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.