Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard different things from different people about this. I have heard that puttin runnin lights on running board is illegal, but I know some guys that have them and they say that they have not had any trouble. I am just wondering so I dont catch grief over them

·
Registered
436 Posts
As far as i know running board lights on a pickup are legal.
I do D.O.T. inspections on comercial vehicles, atleast there is no law against extra lights on big rigs. Acording to the DOT regs. if a Commercial vehicle has extra lights installed, they have to be working even if they are not required.

hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I was told that puttin more than 2 on one running board was made illegal. I dont know though thats just here say I dont know if its true

·
Registered
54 Posts
here this might help you make some decissions on a style i like them just cant seem to find them they look sweet on this 2nd gen YouTube - dodge cummins burnout

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have the 62 inch led lights under my doors, and so far, ive had no trouble with the law, but im sure that laws vary from state to state. If you have chrome step bars, it makes it look sweet. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help prca, thats what I thought but I just wanted to make sure

·
Diesel-less
4,271 Posts
The biggest thing on lights is color amber or yellow facing forward and on the sides red facing or shining towards the rear
Far as I know, nothing besides amber/yellow is allowed for front facing/side facing and you WILL get a ticket (brother had blue LED wiper squirter lights and was pulled over). Emergency vehicle colors and all :rof

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
The color requirements everyone is talking about hold true in all the states I've ever been in . I used to put blue lights under the back bumper of all my cars when I was a kid and got lots of tickets for them. I have had amber running lights under my doors in every truck I've had since 1997 and never gotten a second look from the law in SC, NJ, PA, NY, and all the states that connect them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yup... amber is ok.... nothing else. no white,red,blue,green,purple or anything in between.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sweet! I went out the other day and bought a amber/yellow under car LED light kit, and the Recon LED running lights, and I also bought some yellow 12" LED lights to put behind the grill, over th e front axle, over the rear axle, and in the wheel wells. What I'm looking for now is to put some by the brake calipers to light up behind the rims.

All yellow lights should be fine eh?

Merrick

·
Diesel-less
4,271 Posts
Well, don't go too crazy... too much light from under the truck will get law enforcement's attention. They might consider it under-glow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Off road lights im putting on my truck tomorrow what are the brightest and toughest out there anyone help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts