Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys right now i only have star wheel one full turn in (seems to not wanna turn anymore down) and i turned stock fuelpin to the deeper side. also turned the smoke screw flush with the jam nut. thats all i have done to my truck so far. still have no smoke. before i start cranking on the fullpower screw and getting denny T fuel pin id like to know about runaway and what are the limits and how do you know when your close to run away?
thanks!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Every pump acts different so we can't tell you exactly when your truck will runaway. In fact some trucks can have the fuel screw bottomed out and not runaway.

If you crank the screw in and the RPM hangs when you rev it up, you are on the verge of runaway and need to back the fuel screw off.

James, Rip at sourceautomotive sells 4" downpipes for our rigs.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Basically, when you start messing with your fuel screw, disconnect the intake and have a board ready with a friend standing there. Turn the screw in a turn and blip the throttle. when the rpm's hang or float, back it out about a half turn. Make sure to lock the nut down or the screw will slowly turn itself in through vibration. If the truck starts to run away, clap the board over the turbo inlet and it'll kill the motor for you.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Every pump acts different so we can't tell you exactly when your truck will runaway. In fact some trucks can have the fuel screw bottomed out and not runaway.

If you crank the screw in and the RPM hangs when you rev it up, you are on the verge of runaway and need to back the fuel screw off.

James, Rip at sourceautomotive sells 4" downpipes for our rigs.
as a matter of fact when i had mine turned up i bottomed my starwheel turned my fuel pin and turned my screw all the way in when out an 1/8th of a turn the only problem was my shut off soleinoid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts