Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked my mail today only to see a letter from RSVP...which stands for Regional Smoking Vehicle Program here in North Texas. I chuckled for a while cause of how it said that a concerned citizen reported that my truck was smoking excessively. Then, it went on to explain the causes and suggested a visit to a mechanic. I wish I could find out who the concerned citizen was...cause I'd belch out more black smoke for them...what a riot...it's not like it smokes ALL the time...only when I want it to. :lol4:

·
Registered
73 Posts
they act like we kill someone just cuz we smoke some.... what about the noise pollution from the muscle car scene or the danger in dragging trucks in the mini truck scene????

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
you know i read somewhere that if you were to take all the pollution from one nhra drag event it would be more pollution then all diesel events in one whole year. think about that perspective

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
im going to start calling texas "california minus all the gays" but by the looks of things they have migrated to texas and now want to stop polution, and take all non hybrids off the road. good luck texans i hope you guys are able to keep your freedoms longer then us here in cali.

·
Lifetime Member
474 Posts
yeah, but alcahol burns my eyes but it's not visible so it has to be better for the endangered striped large mouth squirrels in Alaska.:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
Those people tick me off!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
haha im glad you got my point i bet if you told the same thing to all of america 98% would say bullsht because like you said they think what they can see is worse pshh buncha [email protected] if you ask me.

Also Texas isnt that bad its more about counties than anything some are bad about it most couldnt give a flying....

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The only difference is you can actually see our pollution...if you could see all the pollution from other vehicles the greenies would have started world war 3 by now

·
New Mexico Chapter Vice President
1,532 Posts
The only difference is you can actually see our pollution...if you could see all the pollution from other vehicles the greenies would have started world war 3 by now
first of all..dude that is one cool avatar.....second..im getting tired of people complaining about our black smoke...i mean i see these other GAS trucks n cars every single day that burn oil or have a blown headgasket that smoke like crazy..i have never heard anyone complain about all that pollution..or what about the big rigs that are on our highways everyday blowing out all that smoke..never heard anyone complain about that either...but for some reason one day i drive out of my house...and my truck blew out a little smoke, and i get pulled over!!!! and got told that im polluting our town!!!! im just sick and tired of this and wish the EPA and all these tree hugger would pull their heads out of their AS*ES and see whose really polluting our planet!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trust me... I went online and filled out the survey...and gave them a mouthful... besides.. diesels in general are less polluting than gas...we don't give off near the amount of greenhouse gases that gas engines do..ya..you can see the black smoke... but if you really watch...it settles to the ground....and breaks down...can't get much greener than that...it's enough to piss off the hybrids...you know...

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
No matter how you try to justify it it all comes down to public percepion.
When someone takes the time to turn you in for smoke they probably also have time to call their congressman asking that diesel smoke be heavily fined or regulated.
Eventually your little bit of smoke will ruin it for all of us.
Keep your smoke on the track.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I actually had some fool tell me to run injector cleaner after he saw me roll some coal.... i just laughed and said thanks ill keep that in mind

·
New Mexico Chapter Vice President
1,532 Posts
i agree with keeping your smoke on the track..but my truck just put out a little puff just driving it normal..i got pulled over just for that..i mean thats what pisses me off..but this morning..i see an old chevy gasser spilling out blueish white smoke all over the place n i didnt see him getting pulled over...idk maybe im complaining too much..but i wish the general public would understand that diesels arent the biggest polluters..

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No matter how you try to justify it it all comes down to public percepion.
When someone takes the time to turn you in for smoke they probably also have time to call their congressman asking that diesel smoke be heavily fined or regulated.
Eventually your little bit of smoke will ruin it for all of us.
Keep your smoke on the track.
you make it sound like we smoke screen everyone...I don't...if I want to I can but I choose not to...I don't have any type of fancy smoke switches ...I drive normally...I don't try and RACE every one I see...normal driver here...that likes to turn it up every once in a while...besides... what they do to us...they do to all diesels.....including the trucking industry...and we all know that trucking is the back bone of American...I'm sure some lobbyist has his hands on someones bank account and that ain't gonna happen. And...what congressman ...actually gives a damn about anything other than his self serving agenda??? lets be real here...not all of us go to or live near a track so "keeping it on the track" isn't really realistic. what's the purpose of this hobby then? if you can only run your rig at a track? I'm thinking that you are right in some aspect...but that is what i would consider self control...which many of us have...I've never been "reported" before...so that has to mean something...but just my $.02... :confused013:

Reactions: blue02lbcummins

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Trust me... I went online and filled out the survey...and gave them a mouthful... besides.. diesels in general are less polluting than gas...we don't give off near the amount of greenhouse gases that gas engines do..ya..you can see the black smoke... but if you really watch...it settles to the ground....and breaks down...can't get much greener than that...it's enough to piss off the hybrids...you know...
a fully loaded 18 wheeler pulling 40000lbs of medical supplies compared to you joe shmo is like comparing a kite to a bowings 747. the big rig has a reason for all the smoke you dont.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
a fully loaded 18 wheeler pulling 40000lbs of medical supplies compared to you joe shmo is like comparing a kite to a bowings 747. the big rig has a reason for all the smoke you dont.
Drive around with a loaded down trailer then everyone can't complain! :hehe: I guess if diesel's in general burn cleaner then the ones of us that blow smoke just even everything out:hehe: And thanks on the avatar:thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
a fully loaded 18 wheeler pulling 40000lbs of medical supplies compared to you joe shmo is like comparing a kite to a BOEING 747. the big rig has a reason for all the smoke you dont.
Fixed it for ya! But I agree with both of you guys. Its not like all of us go around killing skeeters all the time, but all of my trucks have smoked to some extent even without having bigger sticks or more fuel. Besides, why fix it up if you cant show it off sometimes.

I just chalk all the negitivity in our direction up to Penis envy from those who couldnt afford the $5000 diesl option at purchase and now have it out for us because their gassers suck..... and finally they have figured that out.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok...this all started by me getting a chuckle out of a letter I got...it's gotten way out of hand now.....we all have our own opinions...and views...so we will have to agree to disagree on certain things.... enough said... :S:

·
Registered
42 Posts
ok...this all started by me getting a chuckle out of a letter I got...it's gotten way out of hand now.....we all have our own opinions...and views...so we will have to agree to disagree on certain things.... enough said... :S:
:hehe:

I thought it was still in fun. I'm waiting for the countys in south Texas to start this stuff. They've been advertising it on the radio lately

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
bowings/boeings same difference lol thanks!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I wish I could find out who the concerned citizen was...:lol4:
Nothing to do with "smoke or not to smoke" here, but hmmmm, why does random "concerned citizen" get the opportunity to accuse you and have humerous but unsolicited and wasteful mail directed to you at your home, and not vice-versa? Why is your personal information accessible by this RSVP group? :whip:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts