Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's trucks idle at? I've had the truck a year and shortly after I got it I picked up a bully dog triple dog for it and I use one spot for rpm's as I have the 06 tach problem and it reads 800 at idle. But the sticker on the valve cover says idle at 750. I've never changed any idle speed so I'm just curious is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
It will depend on the ambient tempatures but should idle at 750rpm unless its cold it may kick up a little. My dad had the 06 with tach issues and his read 750rpm when it was working but sometimes would dip as low as 400rpm obvisouly the rpm was still at 750 though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bully dog has always read that hot or cold. I wonder if it had a programmer on it when I bought it. I don't know the previous owner as I bought it at a used lot. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I'm thinking that is with my f250 and sct I could change idle speed and did for quicker spool up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.