Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose any one know how to make them ride any smother than thy do cause my rides like royal anis. it makes small pot holes feel like ditches.:cbadge2:

·
Registered
745 Posts
smaller blocks and bigger springs, add-a-leafs helps. air bags really help, those get expensive real fast.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
i want an air bag system... i also want a money tree in my back yard

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just put some 2" softride skyjacker front springs on mine and wow what a difference in the ride. Dont get me wrong it still doesnt ride like a cadillac, but def. a hundred times better. Next thing I need to do is change the shocks all around, they are shot.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Air bags.... Kelderman makes a set up that cost about $900, I built mine for about 125 bucks after the cost of the airbags and fittings, used scrap 5/16" frame rail, here's pics- It raised the front about 4" and increased ride comfort quite a bit. The pics were the day after so the bags are a little dirty, I used Cummins spray paint, I liked the turn out and I had to get larger shocks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
nice turn out man, i still think i'm going with the skyjacker soft riders, their cheeper, and less work.

·
Registered
140 Posts
look at autoanything.com thats where I got my soft rides and they were cheapest I could find.

·
Registered
379 Posts
ya there and summit racing are the same price

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
id go with summit. they have really good service. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
26 Posts
when i first bought my truck it had 265/75/r16 tires on it pretty sure they were like ten ply tires.MY truck rode like crap i hade a set of 33x12.5x16.5 mud terrains kicking around at home put those tires and rims on and the truck rode way nicer.

·
Registered
379 Posts
ya its a wonder how just tires can make a smoother ride

1 - 13 of 13 Posts