Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Rough idle @ start up

1339 6
I have an 01 Cummins and when I start it up in the mornings it runs rough for a few minutes then its fine the rest of the day. It has great fuel pressure at start up and thru the day. What gives? Could it be air in the fuel lines or something else? What do you guys think??:confused013:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I have an 01 Cummins and when I start it up in the mornings it runs rough for a few minutes then its fine the rest of the day. It has great fuel pressure at start up and thru the day. What gives? Could it be air in the fuel lines or something else? What do you guys think??:confused013:
How cold is it outside?

· Registered
11 Posts
i have a 2002 2500 and it does the same thing but mine does it even when its worm or cold out i think it might be normal with the big injectors

2002,2500,120 injoctors,fass 150,banks ram intake,4in ex,aroa 3000,smarty,south bend

· Premium Member
613 Posts
mine starts fine but after idling for about 5 minutes and you take off it sounds like it is running out of fuel.it clears up quickly though.it has 20 psi at idle.:confused013: stupid vp engines.:banghead:

· Premium Member
757 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine when I had an injector that was leaking down overnight. :thumbsup:

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to check the orfice tubes maybe??

· Registered
11 Posts
dont wast your money
i bought new cross over tubs and it didnt help, my injectors are from industrial injection i even sent them back and they sad they were fine :confused013:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.