Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so i just replaced my injectors went from 250 hp to 100 hp injectors. I followed a youtube due to the fact i never done injectors on a dodge before, anyways long story short i got a p1698 no bus message, po230 fuel pump primary circuit message p1687 no cluster bus message and then p1694 no engine bus message. I tried erasing the codes but when they erase the codes immediately come back when i start the truck, when the truck starts it sounds like it has a bad misfire or its running super rough and it appears to be burning oil. I use a dab of oil to slide the injectors in smoothly but thats it. Also id like to add the it does have a edge comp box tuner and the truck is built from the crank out so its far from stock. I made the mistake on not disconnecting the batteries when replacing the injectors and i forgot to screw in a ground when i started fhe truck. The ground was for the tuner. If anyone can give me some pointers thats would be awsome, i tried the 3 key on off trick i had my batterie terminals undone for 30 mins i tried about everythIng i can think of.

2001 dodge cummins 5.9L 24v, 4x4 sport, tuned, built heads, forged pistons, bigger turbo ect ect

·
Registered
18,872 Posts
Your problem is not directly related to your injectors. They are mechanical devices that just squirt fuel. Your problem is electrical or electromechaincal in the rest of the system, The ECM, VP44, EDGE or harnesses, etc..
Forget the key, use a scan tool for everything. Sounds like maybe the lift pump is not getting juice from the ECM. and the ECM is not talking to. So Check and see ifteh lift pump is running at all with a starter bump. Check for the Wait to Start light to come onevery time you turn the key to ON? Recheck all harness connections and grounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the Zurich ZR8 scan tool bought it from harbor freight i used that to attempt to erase the codes. It worked but didnt work, are there any specific connections i should look for and clean?

·
Registered
18,872 Posts
I repeat , Start with the batteries , cables and anything corroded. Anything else you can do until that is done is useless. Everything in this system depends on good clean power and it can not provide that right now. Then any and all harness connections to computers and elsewhere.
A good commercial battery shop will mak ethe cables for less than half the price of store bought ones. 00 cable only. Lugs and military terminals is good. Batteries, high amp 27's are best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went out got some new terminals, cables, cleaned all the connections to the pcm ecm ecm, really almost no corrosion, i got the ccd code off and the rpms are now working but the truck is still idling pretty rough, smoother but still rough. Also getting blue smoke. Idicating im burning oil. Tips?

·
Registered
18,872 Posts
I expect that your tuner is set up for those giant injectors and is not working with the new ones, especially if all this started on the change over, ot ther is somethlng wrong with the new injectors or your install. You will haveto talk to somebody with more upsized injector experience.

·
Registered
18,872 Posts
Wow and How, where and which ones?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They were all pretty backwards, i was going pretty full throttle when i was doing the injectors, ontop of being my first time so the lines were all over the place The only correct one was number 4 fuel line.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I followed a shitty diagram and watched a few videos and put the lines on correctly, truck runs better than ever now

·
Registered
18,872 Posts
The lines ae like a jigsaw puzzle, They only fit one way. So you must have bent them, didn't your? I fso you need to fine a repacement set for any your bent. They can become damaged inside if you bend them. Also they need to be in the right place and ALL the blue clamps in the proper place or the lines will vibrate and break shortly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts