Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week while driving I came to a stop and noticed that my truck would have a rough idle every now and then, then when I tried to accelerate the truck tried to stall. Then when I got to my work location my truck just died put I was able to start it right back up. Any ideas it have the codes p0513, p0148, p0483.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the fca valve most likely. pull it off and clean it with brake cleaner and shake it to see if it rattles if it does ok if not replace it. there are three screws holding it on with I think a t-25 head, clean out the head before inserting the t-25 driver or you will ruin the socket. if you do the screw is a 5mm with a 0.5 mm pitch 20 mm long. don't ask how many times I did this to be able to remember it. the p0148 code was set off when the rail pressure exceeded the 28,000 psi limit and opened up the prv. the prv can not take many hits until it goes bad. once you get the fca fixed, the prv is on the rail sticking straight up with a banjo bolt on top. remove the bolt and place a freezer bag over the banjo, start the engine, fuel will enter the bag but none should ever come out of the prv. now hit the accelerator to the floor and slide your foot off of it when you reach 3,200 rpm if still no flow ,prv ok

Reactions: OilFieldRedRaider85
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.