Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
says there are no codes so they need to charge me for the diagnosis. The truck idles rough in or out of gear. It started idling rough after the dealership replaced the injector and injector wiring harness under the valve cover. I also just had my torque converter replaced about 1000 miles ago but seeing it idles rough both in and out of gear I am eliminating that from the check list at this point.

No white, blue or black smoke. I don't have my tuner turned on (stock settings). The truck just shakes while it's idling...shakes enough for my 8 year old to ask me what's wrong with the truck. It's not a vigorous shake but enough to where you feel it shaking in your back and when you open the door you can see the door actually shaking up and down moving about 1/2 - 1" Is this normal?

Anyone have an idea, I've called the chrysler support line and they are going to call the dealership to see if they checked the compression after the injector replacement (which they didn't). I know I'm throwing alot out there but are has anyone had this and possibly know what the problem was. I don't feel too confident about my dealership at this point.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
why did the dealer replace an injector in the first place? my truck was doing the same thing and I changed my injector wiring harness and everything is good but your truck sounds like there is a bad connection in the wiring harness now or something along those lines. Id go out to the truck and unplug the injector harness off of the valvecover hanress and check to see if there is anything in the connections, then try pluggin them back in and make sure you get them to click into place. If that doesn't help then Im not to sure what they did.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, I just replaced the factory fuel filter about 1000 miles ago. Just in case someone asks. The other reason for concern is the fact the truck has 99,756 miles on her. Almost out of warranty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They replaced injector #4 2 months ago when my truck wouldn't go past 15 mph and the P0204 code and P2149 (i think) also came up, so they replaced the injector and wiring harness.

Nothing But a Cummins, you also had that slight shaking? Did the dealership fix it or you? It's not obnoxious, just annoying and enough to where you notice it.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
yeah i had a rough idle also, so i changed my the valvecover gasket and cleaned all of my terminals from the injector harness and plugged them back in and made sure there was a good connection. Now everything is good

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had the dealer change my injectors after 6 month it started to miss so i took it back and the mec told me the conection was full of oil because my wiring harness is cracked and oil is coming back through the harness and into the plug. my guess is when the changed the injectors the damaged the wire. of course they're not going to tell me that. they sugested i change wiring harness and when they didn't have it in stock they cleaned the conection with brake cleaner. 6 months later it started missing again and again i cleaned the plug wit break cleaner and it's ok again. I suspect I'll have to change it soon as i can get one.

·
Registered
383 Posts
says there are no codes so they need to charge me for the diagnosis. The truck idles rough in or out of gear. It started idling rough after the dealership replaced the injector and injector wiring harness under the valve cover. I also just had my torque converter replaced about 1000 miles ago but seeing it idles rough both in and out of gear I am eliminating that from the check list at this point.

No white, blue or black smoke. I don't have my tuner turned on (stock settings). The truck just shakes while it's idling...shakes enough for my 8 year old to ask me what's wrong with the truck. It's not a vigorous shake but enough to where you feel it shaking in your back and when you open the door you can see the door actually shaking up and down moving about 1/2 - 1" Is this normal?

Anyone have an idea, I've called the chrysler support line and they are going to call the dealership to see if they checked the compression after the injector replacement (which they didn't). I know I'm throwing alot out there but are has anyone had this and possibly know what the problem was. I don't feel too confident about my dealership at this point.
Looking at your signature block, I am surprised they would warranty anything with a tuner!:stirpot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts