Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for the best deal on a lift for my truck and the best deal so far is rough country for $853 shipped! Has anyone installed this 5 inch lift and if so what do you think about it? I mainly drive on the highway and tow my fourwheeler in the bed or a 27 foot travel trailer, I dont anticipate any problems with either, thanks guys!

B

·
0 Posts
you may end up having to flip the axles on the trailer unless you have one long drop on your hitch i would love to lift mine but with the fifth wheel i pull cant do it oh well good luck

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With my 35's on there now the front end of my trailer doesn't even sit quite level being slightly nose down right now without an equlizer hitch!

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,443 Posts
what is the tallest lift you can run WHILE using the gooseneck.. ?
im looking at the rough country lift but i pull every weekend, so...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone. Im new to the board. I have a 2008 2500. I installed the rough country lift in march. In face i think i had the first 2008 kit out! It is a good kit for the price, but I have to suggest different shocks! The front seems way too stiff and the rear seems to have little or no shock control. All in all its a good deal just opt for the better shock option. if someone can tell me how to post pics ill show you what it looks like!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Is having 5" of lift a requirement or do you just want to clear 35s? KORE is having a fire sale on their leveling kits and rear shocks...I think you'd be in there for about $500. Or even better, the HP series, which should give you about 3" in the front, 1-1.5" in the back, not require a drop hitch, let you clear 35s (with the right wheels, otherwise some control arm rubbing will happen at full lock) and improve your ride for $620.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5 inches isnt a requirement for me 4 or maybe 3 1/2 would be fine i was just thinking for the money that would be the way to go. I already have a leveling kit but it has my axle off centered apparently so rather than take it off I'd just say go a little higher. However I didnt want it to look disproportioned with only 35's as I have no desire to go to 37's on my daily driver.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, if you lift it higher, it's just going to move your axle further off center...that's why you'll need an adjustable track bar with any lift that you install. KORE products give your truck a tight, sportscar like feel and you're already getting Bilstein shocks with the deal.

Here's a pic of my truck with the KORE Chase system...you'd be getting the same front springs and mini packs with the HP system, just different shocks and no steering stabilizer or end links.

These are both before and after shots.

My 35 Toyo's slightly rub at full lock on my upper control arms...partly due to the side lugs on the tires. I run stock wheels. If you have a set of H2s or other wheels with better backspacing, you'll have no rub at all.

No only is the KORE kit less expensive, I think you'll be happier with it.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey one ton, I cant seem to find out how much that system lifts the front end and I need the adjustable arms I think which I didnt see in their website pics!
Also I have the stock wheels on mine and plan on keeping them!

·
Registered
544 Posts
You won't need their arms...I added them just because I had an extra $500 and I wanted to improve my caster.

Go to www.koreperformance.com...that should help you. The VR coils raise the front roughly 3", a touch more if you put their coil spring isolators in (which are about $50) and the mini packs in the back raise the rear about 1-1.5".

You'll have a bit of rubbing at full lock with stock wheels. It doesn't hurt anything, it's just a little annoying.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that sounds great however Im not sure that'll fix my alignment problem as the tires on my frontend wear very odd and uneven if I go farther than about three thousand miles, so Im wondering if I'd have to get the arms like you did, I just dont want to replace tires every 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, it certainly won't cause any alignment problems, and if you didn't get an alignment after you installed your leveling kit, that might be part of your problem. The chase arms are like $575 if you decide to go that route. Regardless, you'll need an alignment.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I understand that part I've had two alignments on my truck since then just to be certain and even had the Stealership doublecheck it and they all say all is well but the wear on the frontend tells me otherwise, but if their leveling kit would alleviate that problem I'd save the money and go that route, I'm just a bit frustrated wearing out one side of one tire and its always the passenger side inside tread block that wears very oddly!

·
Registered
544 Posts
It almost sounds like something is bent on your pass side to tilt the top of your tire in like that to cause the wear. Is your truck currently stock or do you have a lift on it?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ok, I went back and read...what kind of leveling kit do you currently have?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a rough country leveling kit on the front end now, 2 inch poly spacers, and never hit anything so Im not sure how anything would be bent but like I said I only have 20000 miles on my truck and three alignment checks so I would think someone would have found somethin, I am at a loss thats why I figured a lift would be better as I cant have anything stock!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts