Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

rough country lift kits

2549 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  danh63
good the bad and the ugly.......they are really cheap on top guns customz and was looking for input...thanks!!!!!!!!!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
go with BDS. they have a better angle on control arms, better powdercoating finish, no hassle warranty. if your going to get a lift then spend some money and you will tell in the ride. my buddy has a rough country and i have a bds and its like night and day. i only spend a couple more $$$ and am very happy with it. if you still want a rough country my buddy is taking his off and selling it for a BDS. :headbang:

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm...ok cool thanks for the input

· Registered
560 Posts
Rize by far is a much better lift than R.C the ride is very smooth and its a good looking lift :headbang::headbang:

· Registered
211 Posts
here is some more input. RC lifts pull the center of your wheel back a little bit because the lower control arm isnt long enough. so my buddy got adjustable ones from top gun customs and that fixed the problem.. but if your looking for a dirt cheap lift then thats not going to help you much unless you just plan on runnin 35 instead of 37s :confused013:

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok...i gladly thank you all for the input, i guess you get what you pay for!!! maybe a fabtec or rize

· Premium Member
2,315 Posts
Rough Country's 5" lift has adjustable upper and lower control arms. I ran one with 37's for over 50,000 miles, on an 05 2500

· Registered
486 Posts
I am a firm believer that you will get what you pay for. If you are wanting a cheap lift then that is exactly what you will get. If you drive you rig on the street and or you tow with your truck then you owe it to yourself to purchase a good quality suspension that will handle all you want. This is not a place you want to be skimping on. If you suspension fails or becomes unsafe you and those around you will pay for it.

LT.

· Registered
118 Posts
Rough Country lifts are of as good of quality as anything else in the basic suspension lift line of off the shelf parts. A few years back everyone was bashing Tuff Country because of their 6" spacers and cheaper prices but now they are considered fine...... Take a look firsthand before you bash them! I have run RC stuff on many trucks with never a problem. Their coils are a little stiffer, but on the bright side your 6" lift wont turn into a 3" by next year like the super soft superlift coils will. :party018:

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was only going for the 5inch lift.....but i dunno anymore, may just stay with the 3 inch leveling kit

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Their coils are a little stiffer, but on the bright side your 6" lift wont turn into a 3" by next year like the super soft superlift coils will. :party018:

The spring rate for Superlift coils is around 430-440 lbs....... that is anything but super soft!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.