1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O'Reillys Auto Parts San Francisco Bay Area:
May 27 - June 23 2020
T6 for $19 a gallon after rebate
Two boxes of Blue Def for $26 (not a great deal, but you're there getting oil right?)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Why pay $26 for "Blue DEF" when you can buy wallyworld brand DEF for $7.88 for a 2.5 gal jug or $15.76 for 2.
I've been using the walmart brand for a year now with no ill-effects.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why pay $26 for "Blue DEF" when you can buy wallyworld brand DEF for $7.88 for a 2.5 gal jug or $15.76 for 2.
I've been using the walmart brand for a year now with no ill-effects.
Just passing along the sale on the oil... Like I noted, probably not the best price but if you're there getting oil... don't forget you'll need DEF sometime.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sometime?!? I need at least five gallons every time I drive mine.
Are ya hitting the hole? Maybe you blame your heavy loads but the culprit may be your aim...... perhaps multitasking WHILE you pour it in, like reading this addictive forum.

Never mind, with the amount of content you post, this forum should be paying you by now, with your own ad revenue. And the followers will come.

Am PM'ing our new ruthless website owner now.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Are ya hitting the hole? Maybe you blame your heavy loads but the culprit may be your aim...... perhaps multitasking WHILE you pour it in, like reading this addictive forum.
Ah, you are overlooking one important factor here, Drle.

Since I have a C&C, it has a manly sized screw on cap for the DEF tank, not one of those minuscule orifices that comes with a pickup bed. In other words, you'd have to be pretty darn drunk to miss. Maybe even unconscious.

Also, since I generally drive at least 900 some miles when I do drive the 3500, and get about 10 mpg, it uses a bit of DEF. Okay, a lot. So with a 9-gallon tank, stuffing five gallons into it is a minimum.

If stuck with a pickup's tiny tanks (fuel and DEF), I'd be in the asylum. Where I probably belong anyway.

·
Cummins Dude
2,773 Posts
With how slow those jugs empty into that tiny orifice, sure feels like 5 gallons!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Grabbed 3 gallons yesterday (for $19 each + rebate) and was going to try another store today to grab 3 more and just noticed the sale is over...

The local flyer had it on sale for $26 but if you bought it online and picked up in store it was $19

;

·
Cummins Dude
2,773 Posts
I purchased a Motorcraft DEF Filler tube on Amazon. It's Vented and makes filling much easier. 11.32 each.
Got a link?
Every jug of DEF I’ve bought has a vented filler hose.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Looks like Amazon is by far the most expensive place to buy one, but like Dogpatch said, why?
I've never seen a jug that didn't come with a vented spout, either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts