Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my oil in my 07 2500 6.7 with 28,300mi.I went with Rottella T Syntheic oil 5w-40 in stead of the Rotella 15W-40,will this cause any eng.isues.the specs.say it is aproved for API:CJ-4 and CUMMINS:CES 20081.Thanks Todd

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
TDR did a study on oils last year or at the end of 07. I can not remember when. but regular rotella came in near the end of the oils. But the Triple protect was a good oil.

I am running Royal Purple 5w-40, about 5000 miles on it so far and no problems. I am going to send a oil sample at 10,000 miles when I change the filter.

·
08 Cummins
540 Posts
I just changed my oil in my 07 2500 6.7 with 28,300mi.I went with Rottella T Syntheic oil 5w-40 in stead of the Rotella 15W-40,will this cause any eng.isues.the specs.say it is aproved for API:CJ-4 and CUMMINS:CES 20081.Thanks Todd
I don't see any issues but I'm sure there is an amsoil commerical and j-junk stuff coming. Rotella bottom or top makes no difference, I haven't seen anyone keep their truck long enough to prove any point. No one pulls or hauls more then Kodiak and his trannys give out before the engine and he uses amsoil. Long/short you'll be fine. Enjoy the ride. :party018:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't see any issues but I'm sure there is an amsoil commerical and j-junk stuff coming. Rotella bottom or top makes no difference, I haven't seen anyone keep their truck long enough to prove any point. No one pulls or hauls more then Kodiak and his trannys give out before the engine and he uses amsoil. Long/short you'll be fine. Enjoy the ride. :party018:
Ditto. The main thing is to service regularly and your truck will last many years. Oil brand is more personal preference than anything. Proper viscosity and rating type is more important.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

Reactions: SDParamedic
1 - 5 of 5 Posts