Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
06 Cummins
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today in gresham the police decided rolling mass amounts of coal at a new lifted ford on 40's was against the law.. didnt get a ticket but was giving a warning!!!

anyone else ever get harashed for this??

:shots:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Yep been there in my 2nd gen. I was comming up either 223 or 232nd whichever one has the big hill starting down by I84. Anyways had this guy ridding my a$$ so i shifted into fifth and lugged her all the way up the hill. I didnt see the lights at first because of the cloud i laid for a block. I guess he was two cars behind the guy riddin my butt. Got lucky like you. I told him it was running bad lately and i thought i had a stuck injector. He didnt know diesels and gave me a fixit ticket. I dont think it can smoke for more than like 2 or 3 seconds.

·
Oregon Chapter President
3,675 Posts
I must've gotten lucky then caused I've done it at a light playing around power braking it, and the cop just glanced at me, then kept going.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
thats funny that you mentioned that....

...the other day i was at the studio and here comes this lady racing down the street(probably late to work). she squeels around the corner looks at me and throw a cigarette out the window.....talk about green. what a dumb a$$.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
when their prius's factory is worse for the environment than out trucks running for 5 years. or at lease i think thats how it goes.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Smoke from diesel engines.

•Damaged or clogged air filter
•Faulty fuel injection system
•Wrong grade of fuel
•Incorrect fuel injection pump timing
•Engine overheating
•Low compression ratio

hahahaahahahahahahahah more like:
:advanced timing
:big injectors
:bigger turbo(s)
: one lead foot

:hehe:

·
Registered
83 Posts
True story: A couple of years ago, my truck (90 D250) was down for repairs and I was driving my sister's car (1988 Nissan Sentra) while it was down. About a month later, she gets a letter in the mail from DEQ saying that somebody reported the car smoking. We figured out that I was driving it when it was spotted smoking. The weird thing is, we never noticed the car smoking before or after that. The DEQ letter is just a warning, but they ask what you're going to do to repair it. She said "Not let my brother drive it.":hehe: The best part is that I've never gotten a letter for either one of my trucks in the 8 years I've been driving a diesel pickup (knock on wood).

·
Registered
252 Posts
A car was turning in front of me and there was a truck starting to come up on the side of me, so I punched it to get in the left lane and in front of the truck. I didnt cut the guy off or anything but I did leave some smoke when I accelerated. I also did not exceed the speed limit. WELL The street the car was turining onto there was a trooper at the stop sign, I never even saw him I was looking in my mirrror making sure I could make it in front of the truck without slowing him down. The trooper hauls butt right up to the right corner of my truck getting my license plate and looking at my exhaust I guess. Well we catch a light im still in the left lane, hes in the right and he starts yelling at my passenger,"Hey! Tell ur buddy hes lucky". My buddy just looks at me and back at the trooper. He then starts yelling the same thing again, so my buddy turns, " hey I think ur lucky"?? The guy stared me down the whole time...I thought it was funny...the trooper not so much. I dont know of anyone getting a ticket around here, everyone is pretty cool.

·
VP at large
714 Posts
buddy of mine was driving on I-664 in hampton/newport news, VA. minding his own business (for once) this car pulls up behind him and gets so close that over half of his windshield is hidden by his tailgate (which was up) he lightly taps his brakes, car backs off. car comes back up to the same spot. he turns overdrive off and lugs it down and smokes this car out for a good mile on the interstate. when the smoke clears there are blue and red lights flashing, a VA state trooper. get a reckless ticket. goes to court the judge call the cop a dumba$$ for following so closely, dismiss's the ticket and the cop is no longer a cop

Reactions: sdowney717

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
that prick prolly watched that mythbusters episode where they prooved that if you do it correctly, drafting increases fuel mileage. i get dumb people trying to draft my the car hauler behind my semi. i kindly drop a gear or 2 and let the jake scream. havent gotten a ticket for it yet.

·
Oregon Chapter President
3,675 Posts
buddy of mine was driving on I-664 in hampton/newport news, VA. minding his own business (for once) this car pulls up behind him and gets so close that over half of his windshield is hidden by his tailgate (which was up) he lightly taps his brakes, car backs off. car comes back up to the same spot. he turns overdrive off and lugs it down and smokes this car out for a good mile on the interstate. when the smoke clears there are blue and red lights flashing, a VA state trooper. get a reckless ticket. goes to court the judge call the cop a dumba$$ for following so closely, dismiss's the ticket and the cop is no longer a cop
That's a dang good story! Way to win one over the man! :yourock:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyon ever heard of this happening outside of he portland area. I heard up there they have Smog checks on cars? But here there is no such thing. Never heard of anyone getting in trouble for rolling coal in my town.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
actully if u think about it if the smoke is thick enough and big enough cloud that can create a hazadous situation in mainstreet type traffic which in opinion is reckless
lol not saying dont roll the coal just think about it dont roal the coal with lots of cars around now on a light traffic road its different
i had a situation where a car was turning left and its illegal to pass on the shoulder and not only that but i was to wide to do so i waited patiently. well i was to the right enough the guy behind me couldnt get around me and started honking. so once the turning car moved i made him sit there a little longer:lol4:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
mine doesnt even smoke :banghead:,,,,,,,i like smoke

·
06 Cummins
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
smoke FTW!!

·
SNAFU
3,346 Posts
My wife has been teasing me for putting a smoke switch on my truck, well the other night we were going through town and this F150 kept riding my arse, I tried tapping my breaks, I got 6 taillights so I know he could see it, and he wouldnt even act like he was gonna back off. My wife is getting madder and madder, I tell her watch this, we are rolling about 35, I flip the switch and shift into 6th than floor it, his healights disappear, when the cloud clears he is more than a block behind me, my wife is laughing hysterically, she says I have to admit that was pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts