Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just kinda curious if you can "roll coal" while running biodiesel? :popcorn:

·
Registered
148 Posts
well, black smoke is just unburned fuel, and you can make a gasoline car blow black smoke, but dont do it as good as a diesel.

i guess you can....i dont see why not. its is simply overfueling right?

·
Cummins Fanatic
875 Posts
Gas does not produce black smoke when it burns. Diesel fuel DOES. I dont know does bio diesel give off black smoke when its burned? I kinda doubt it

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didnt think so but i figured i would see what others thought.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
i saw a boy at school the other day with a 1st gen cummins with a stack on it. He had a auxillary fuel tank in the back that said go green and ran on bio-diesel and all that good stuff, and he could puff out a good little cloud of black smoke. i havent got the chance to talk to the boy yet but i will.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
its in mine and a friends and nothing, maybe a little tiny hint of smoke but normally nothing at all.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for your help guys. i think you all answered my question!

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Gas does not produce black smoke when it burns. Diesel fuel DOES. I dont know does bio diesel give off black smoke when its burned? I kinda doubt it
Yes they will, not much though. Especiall old tractors like an old JD B. Farmal cubs etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If the Bio's made from corn smoke is yellow, from lettuce its light green and if its from McD's cheese burger!:lol2::lol2:

·
Registered
258 Posts
All of the transit buses on my college campus run biodiesel and they are all puffing blue smoke like crazy all the time. They even have those weird looking emissions tailpipes and smog stuff, but they still blow the blue smoke and it smells like burnt french fries.

·
Registered
27 Posts
All of the transit buses on my college campus run biodiesel and they are all puffing blue smoke like crazy all the time....
I would be surprised if the buses are burning 100% biodiesel. Most likely they're blending. If the buses are smoking all the time, they're probably not turbo charged.

Biodiesel produces about 50% less soot than #2 diesel. Biodiesel has around 11% of the hydrogen bonding spots taken by oxygen. Because the biodiesel molecule contains some of it's own oxygen required for combustion, the soot is reduced 50%.

·
Cope Wisconsin Chapter VP
433 Posts
i have a 45 jd b and a farmal super h and they blow black smoke (not much) but they do so bump to who ever was defending gasers and black smoke

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have seen some pure bio trucks burn blue smoke also looks cool But still havent seen a all black on yet.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I ran B100 this summer and could roll a nice black cloud of smoke! :peelout

·
Registered
43 Posts
i didn't think so until I hooked up my adrenaline. Put her on level 10 and stuff it and she'll smoke pretty good. But when I want to stop traffic I need to go get some ULSD.

·
Registered
847 Posts
diesel is better to get smoke if you want alot, but i got a lil with some bio diesel mix

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
i get black smoke on bio

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've seen gassers blow black smoke, not a whole lot and mostly at idle.
Usually only on old muscle cars.

People used to do it back in the day, turn the choke 1/2 way on and cruise around.
(or just have the car setup with too big of a carb)

If your behind a car like that and I was at 07 Woodward Dream Cruise , it will burn your eyes bad shortly after seeing the black smoke at idle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts