Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hide your cats!
5,100 Posts
You mean for drag racing? In cab or in bed cage?

·
Hide your cats!
5,100 Posts
You can just go to there web site. They have all the regulations and what not there.

·
Hide your cats!
5,100 Posts
You should post a pic of yours mark!!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i believe you are right ctd. i still have to get my cage put in and welded up. soon ill get pics up. they have sweet deals at 300 bucks for you cage though. all prebentready to weld.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I'm gonna throw my .02 in here being for many years i built cages for a living, the kits are all well and good, i've done many of em and even down to the cheap jegs kits the quality of the material is great. However its only as good as how it is installed. I was doing alot of weld in kits on the side for awhile and got out of it due to everyone wanting the cheapest fastest work done.
At the end of the day dont forget the cage will do you know good if it comes apart when the truck goes over, especially with these trucks weighing so much more than a standard car theres alot more riding on it.

When i was doing them we had a mustang come in that had rolled over on the highway was a 9sec street car, during the accident the passenger side bar that comes across the door had snapped the weld and the tube did some severe damage to the passenger that was in the car.
Did one in a 10.5 outlaw car that was street driven, guys wife actually brought us the car while he was out of town as he was street driving it and didnt want to cage it, 25 miles from the shop in the rain the night he picked it up car got squirely on him and went down an embankment, car was totaled driver and his son walked away without a scratch 2 weeks later we had his new trans am with a temp tag on it getting a cage!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.