Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking or debating on wheather to go with 18" rockstars with 33/13.5 tires or black out my factory wheels with the same tire what do you guys think...cant decide

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
It depends on whether you want your wheels to stick out a bit, or you wanna keep the factory offset. I have the Rockstars, and they are great, but that is me.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Seems more and more people including myself have the XD's so I'd say like Diesel_Nuts, unless you're looking for a offset wheel, go for the painted factory rims. Here's a pick of the 18's.

·
1,046 Posts
sublmnl, looks good man. Nice and clean!!:thumbsup
Lol, thanks man. I dig your truck more but I'm plenty happy with this one. Dealership has a huge problem with me putting a lift on mine, no probs for you?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think your gonna have a problem getting a 13.50 on your stock rim width. I got a 12.50 on my stock rim and the rim guard on my tire made it a pain to get them to seat the bead right.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I think your gonna have a problem getting a 13.50 on your stock rim width. I got a 12.50 on my stock rim and the rim guard on my tire made it a pain to get them to seat the bead right.
I ran 325/70/17 Toyos on stock wheels, no problem mounting or uneven wear...

Many guys are running 37/13.50 Toyo Mts on stock wheels with no issues...

The only problem youll have with a true 13-13.5 wide tire is a little rub on the control arms at full lock(with stock wheels), but other than that its not really an issue...

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
Lol, thanks man. I dig your truck more but I'm plenty happy with this one. Dealership has a huge problem with me putting a lift on mine, no probs for you?
No problems for me. I have gotten in pretty good with the local dealership owner, and he wants to put my truck in there Monthly newsletter that they send out. Hopefully it will stay that way when something breaks!!:thud: We shall see.

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
For reference, 18" Rockstars:

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
35" Bfg A/t Ko

·
1,046 Posts
....and you're worried about warranty? :w::T:
Been there 3 times and no probs bud.. :cool: They're stupid at mine and only see obvious mods. I've even watched them hook up their little handheld to try to bust me, thanks 9r01.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts