Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, we are wanting to know where and how we can offer a group buy to the members of the forum, and if this is the correct place to post this? We are new, so sorry if this is not the right area.

-L

·
SuperDuperMod
4,025 Posts
You have a forum just for these kind of things, i moved this thread there. And i'd definitley be interested.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd be interested if a more reasonable price was given.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys, thanks for the interests. Well to save everyone some time, could you guys let me know what you are looking to spend on one.. Or what you think a good deal is. I want to make sure I do not waste you guys time if I just cannot get it down that low.. I have had material increases for the past 6 months, and I want give you any unrealistic expectations. I hope you will appreciate that. I will promise though to give you the best possbile price I can, if I can get it down to what you guys are looking for on a volume basis would that work for you guys? Then I can just tell you how many I need on order to get it to that price for you. Let me know.

-L

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree would love to get one but how long of a wait would it be?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Mods if Im out of line I apologize but I think it needs to be said,

I think that the road armor rep should really attend to the problems at hand before starting to try and get a bunch of new buisness. They have people that have been waiting for 5 months + to get their bumpers......

·
Registered
3,866 Posts

I think that the road armor rep should really attend to the problems at hand before starting to try and get a bunch of new buisness. They have people that have been waiting for 5 months + to get their bumpers......
i agree............:thumbsup

·
Registered
314 Posts

i was interested until this...and the previous story....

next please..

RA: i would like to know though how are yall cutting the flat pattern out- High Definition Plasma or CNC laser? And how are you forming them- CNC brake, and manual hydraulic brake press or press dies? And welding-robotic or human? I work in the steel industry so im trying to figure out yalls prices.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
that top part is a complete lie...theya re realy ncie, and ecellent bumpers...but they do need to take better car of their customers...and surprisingly, they are yeut to respond since that thread was linked

·
Registered
602 Posts
We did a Road armor for a local customer in a 2006 Ford. It was ordered bare and assebled and shipped to me in 10 weeks. I was told up front that they are built per order and not stocked and that it would be 4 weeks as a VERY MINIMUM and to expect 2 times that or more. I do not stock road armor, but I do sale and install it... We have installed 3 RA bumpers and I have not yet seen a fitment issue.

The one we did in late fall of 07 was on a crew cab long bed F-350 that had the bumper and Warn 16K winch on while towing a mini excavator on a flatbed. A car ran a red-light and the truck was doing 60 when he drove the truck and trailer over the cars hood/engine and sheered a wood telephone pole with the bumper. The truck sustained major damage and the car occupants died on the scene. The owner of the truck was fine and the bumper was replaced because it twisted upon the multiple impacts. The truck was repaired and a new Road Armor was ordered and installed. He is alive, and he is a road armor customer.

Thats the only thing I can really say about road armor.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow

Too bad after reading this thread I will have to find a new bumper from somewhere else... too bad of all I have looked at Road Armor was my first choice.

Thanks for posting this link

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree, we should be making sure that all issues are addressed. I contacted K5Cruz this morning about his post, and got his information on his order so I could work on getting a resolution. We have had alot of carry over orders spread out amongst 3 vendors due to a 4th vendor going out of business earlier this year. We have had alot of customers that took way to long to get their units out the door, and we have done our best to manage and keep them happy. I hope to have a resolution for him by the end of this week. I was on the phone with our Florida supplier today about his order. So can understand everyones concern. All I can say is that we are working towards solving the past problems, and focusing on the future. This is a demanding industry, and I hope for some on you to reconsider. However, in the best interests of our paying support of the forum we will not do a group buy until we handle some of the past customers who rightfully deserve their orders. I apologize for any problems that this post has caused. Let me know if there is anything else we can do.

-L

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We did a Road armor for a local customer in a 2006 Ford. It was ordered bare and assebled and shipped to me in 10 weeks. I was told up front that they are built per order and not stocked and that it would be 4 weeks as a VERY MINIMUM and to expect 2 times that or more. I do not stock road armor, but I do sale and install it... We have installed 3 RA bumpers and I have not yet seen a fitment issue.

The one we did in late fall of 07 was on a crew cab long bed F-350 that had the bumper and Warn 16K winch on while towing a mini excavator on a flatbed. A car ran a red-light and the truck was doing 60 when he drove the truck and trailer over the cars hood/engine and sheered a wood telephone pole with the bumper. The truck sustained major damage and the car occupants died on the scene. The owner of the truck was fine and the bumper was replaced because it twisted upon the multiple impacts. The truck was repaired and a new Road Armor was ordered and installed. He is alive, and he is a road armor customer.

Thats the only thing I can really say about road armor.
Thanks for the support, and testimonial. I have alot of accident pictures from customers who have had our units on their trucks. I wish I could post them for you guys, just dont know how. I apologize for the long wait you experienced. As I said in my prior post we are working towards fixing that.

-L

1 - 20 of 42 Posts