Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets hear experiences of ppl that have used these products, in the 8" market.
Pros/Cons of each

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing???

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive heard Rize is back at er, could be wrong tho. Thing about the Rize is dont have to cut n weld. But i agree the Pure kits are really nice. Rize also had the crossmember n index ring in the kit. Everything was looked after. The Pure seems like alot of hassle, someone correct me if im wrong. The Rize looks clean as well. I dont do any offraoding so articulation isnt my main focus. Just was a nice highway ride with no bump steer

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
pure is a forum sponsor is is here to answer any question. Can't say that for rize.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
We are certainly much different from Rize in our suspension philosophy, design, and integration into the vehicle.

Our long arm systems keep the axle in position much better than a short arm system with drop brackets. Think about it, the axle is moved down 8 full inches up front, but you are still triing to control that axle with 37 to 40" tall tires with short arms and drop brackets? That axle with monster tires on it has alot of leverage on those drop brackets and small arms.

Certainly, the long arm system will do much better off-road. We know you said your truck is mostly a street driven vehicle, but with our systems, if you ever get bit by the bug to go off-road and have fun, you will have a product that can do so.

Yes, ours is a little more work for installation, but we feel that is justified by the end result.

Either way. Good Luck with your build!

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
Like Jeremy said the install of the PP kit is more involved than the Rize kit but well worth it in the long run.

Although the Rize kit is a bit easier to install they use front coils that are quite stiff and their steering solution has caused some issues in the past. I have heard of the bearings wearing out pretty quick and some guys who have broken the pitamn arms.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Defenitly interested in the Pure long arm setup. I want a real nice highway ride. Id rather do it right the first time rather than get a lift n hate the way it handles on the street. Truck will see the interstate for trips so i want it to ride good. The Pure coils are much better? I will do the extra work for a better ride. I just dont want to spend 6k on a lift that never goes offroad thats all. May i ask what Pure does for the steering and the front drive line? Crossmember hitting front shaft? I need to make a decision lol already have my 4" sold. I just dont want to regret it or spend way to much $ than i need to.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
For front driveline corrections, if need be, we have made provisions in our long arm mounts for a 10 degree clocking ring. Then on some applications, so the driveshaft flange does not hit the OEM cross member, a 3/8 spacer is needed under the tranny mount and above the OEM cross member.

Our steering correction for 8" systems is a completely new steering system that converts a Ram HD steering over to a steering system similar to that of 05+ Super Duties. This way you have a completely independent drag link and tie rod with bump steer free operation.

If you have anymore questions, please let us know. 8 lug on here is one of our dealers and we are sure he could put a great package together for you!

PP

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your reply! So the steering setup comes in the triple threat package? I just need to get tie rod ends and a drop pitman arm, right? I was going to upgrade to the 08.5+ steering but then i wouldnt have to i believe? Ill for sure deal with George, i have b4 and will again... Thanks again

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh and one more thing is my BD steering box brace get tossed with this setup? Thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thanks for your reply! So the steering setup comes in the triple threat package? I just need to get tie rod ends and a drop pitman arm, right? I was going to upgrade to the 08.5+ steering but then i wouldnt have to i believe? Ill for sure deal with George, i have b4 and will again... Thanks again
All of our 8" systems come with that steering system! They have too. We just felt the OEM geometry stunck at that lift height!

Everything you said above is 100% correct!

We are not sure about your BD steering box brace... Sorry. Post up a pic and let you know what we think!

JP

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perfect thanks alot. Pretty sure im gunna grab an 8" triple threat from george. What dou think about the prodigy 2.0 vs the bilsteins?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds nice but when buyin the kit the 2 5/8s are a $1000 more than the 2.0
Thats a big one lol. Dunno if id need that on the street?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Jp.... The potential customers would love some video;s whether its street or dirt.

This thread is worthless w/ o videos. Just messn w/ u , but seriously let see it .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.