Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the Rize kit with the bilstein 5100 series shocks think their truck is to stiff in suspension? i want a better ride in the truck and i know a lot of guys said there truck with this set up rode better then it did stock and i dont think the same so i was just curious if there are any other shock set ups i could possibly do to get a more comfortable ride.

thanks ahead of time guys

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am running the same shocks and haven't thought that it was too terribly stiff at all. But I don't have any buds with lifted trucks to compare it to. Couple buds with jeeps and skyjacker lifts, nothing close to the weight or anything like my truck. I'd like to know as well, my rear shocks seem to bouce alot more than they used to when there is a load in the bed now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone have any opinions or thoughts about this would appreciate the help

·
Registered
79 Posts
My last truck had the same setup, and like ontheedge said, I didn't have any buddies trucks to compare it too. It had the 8" rize and 5100's and remembering what I read about the better the shock the better the ride I choose to spend a couple hundred more and upgrade to the 5100 again, this time on a Fabtech 4.5" lift with my current truck. It's been on for a little over a month and like y'all are noticing...I don't think there's anything special with them. The ride isn't really even close to the stock ride, which I thought the 5100's would "maybe" get fairly close too, being a much smaller lift, but it's definitely not as stiff as the 8" lift was. So, one must really have to spend the $$$$ to get the smoothness the 5100's with any lift can't provide.

·
That Truck Guy
6,375 Posts
Shocks won't fix overly stiff coils. The Rize 8" Coils and the Fabtech coils are both know for being pretty stiff. Pure Performance just released their 8" Progressive that when coupled with a good shock will help the ride for sure. I am assuming that the rear of your truck still has stock leafs which are also pretty stiff. I have a few customers running the 8" Rize with Atlas leafs instead of the blocks and they ride quite a bit better in the rear.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i went with the Progressive coils from Pure Performance what shock would you recommend to run with it? and for the rear if i have all leafs and no block the ride should be better? just thought the more leafs the stiffer and worse the ride could be but pardon my stupidity if not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts