Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the 8" kit on. :woot: Front end lined up today but seem to have a vibration coming from the front end (I think). Gonna take off the front drivehaft this weekend and see if that cures it or not. Doesn't start whirling and vibrating till around 48 mph and never gets terrible but still needs to be fixed. Any ideas? Could it just be air turbulence since I'm running stock wheels and tires till the 37s come in? Any help would be appreciated. The trans drop member is in and the transfer case is indexed as low as it can be so I don't know whatelse to do. :CRY:

·
Registered
723 Posts
lets see some pics

·
Registered
581 Posts
my ford did the same thang and i thank my problem was the back drive shaft wasnt weighted at all.. but i have a 10" and 42" so that coulda been my prob to lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it is the front shaft how do I fix it? CV joints? New u-joints? I'll post pics once the wheels and tires arrive.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took off the front driveshaft and that cured the problem. Got to looking and I think I can index the transfer case some more. Didn't look like I could at 11:30 pm when I was putting it in, but after some sleep I can see better. There are 3 holes for the studs in the index ring and I am on the least index, so I think I will try the middle holes. If anybody who has done this kit would chime in and tell me where they set their index ring to would be alot of help. Can I index it all the way or will my driveshaft slap the trans member? Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Buy a indexing ring from superlift I have the same problem with mine and put that on and fixed it right away and is a very easy install about 2 hrs is what it took me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Should take the pics now, I'd love to see it with a 8" lift and stock wheels. :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For all ya'll sickos who like 8" of lift and 285/70s (32") tires:

·
Registered
72 Posts
it has probably been asked before, but can you order larger blocks or replacement springs to add a little rake back into the truck. The truck looks like the front is higher then the rear.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
once you get some bigger tires and some bigger rims ittl look incredible..its already lookin good as it is:thumbsup

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the comments.

Yea I thought the same thing but really it is sitting level with the 5" blocks, which I think is the tallest anyone should go. The front fenders have a higher cut and the hood sits taller than the bed- that is why it looks uneven. Bigger tires should help.

·
Registered
723 Posts
looks good man

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got her finished up:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts