Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do some body work and I am thinking of putting Rhino Lining on the exterior of my truck. It would do away with all the little scratches and chips and would hold up better against the small little dents as well. Anyone have any expierence with it? I would love to do the whole truck,but maybe just the rocker panels or something.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i just got done doing the rocker panels on mine and love it. ill get some pics for ya but i travel alot of gravel roads pulling trailers and havent got any rock chips yet it seems to hold up very well

·
Registered
16 Posts
i got my rocker panels line-x'd and i think it looks alright, heres a picture.

its held up amazing for over 2 years now to.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Forget Rhino, go with LINE-X, it's stronger and you can opt for Premium or Xtra.
Do you work for Line-X or something...because I just did a bit of back ground and found every one of your 19 posts on this site is regarding how every other liner product on the market is inferior in some way to Line-X.

·
Registered
549 Posts
for what its worth i have friends that got the rockers rhino lined and i got mine line-x'd and theres faded and doesnt look as good where mine still looks new.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you work for Line-X or something...because I just did a bit of back ground and found every one of your 19 posts on this site is regarding how every other liner product on the market is inferior in some way to Line-X.
I did a LOT of research before I chose LINE-X and I (think) I know a lot about bedliner brands. I even checked out DIY stuff.

I'm a CPA, that's probably why I overdo things.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm not a CPA and I don't think I would consult one before choosing a bedliner either.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I used to work with a guy here locally who had his 09 tundra Line-x'd. The entire truck. Cost him about $1300 i think. Personally i wouldnt do it but it doesnt look bad. Takes a lot of work to clean it and get it shinned up. He said he uses a scrub brush to clean then after its dry ALOT of tire shine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to work with a guy here locally who had his 09 tundra Line-x'd. The entire truck. Cost him about $1300 i think. Personally i wouldnt do it but it doesnt look bad. Takes a lot of work to clean it and get it shinned up. He said he uses a scrub brush to clean then after its dry ALOT of tire shine.
Sounds like standard LINE-X. If you get LINE-X Xtra or Premium, you don't have to "shine" it.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Sounds like standard LINE-X. If you get LINE-X Xtra or Premium, you don't have to "shine" it.

I also agree with Davcruz. Your only post are hyping up one particular product. Sounds like a salesman if you ask me. :Ban:

I need to do some body work and I am thinking of putting Rhino Lining on the exterior of my truck. It would do away with all the little scratches and chips and would hold up better against the small little dents as well. Anyone have any expierence with it? I would love to do the whole truck,but maybe just the rocker panels or something.
Also the OP asked for anyone with experience with it. You cant get experience with something from research.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
i used to spray Rhino. Great product. It really depends of if you want it smooth or hard. If you want hard use linex if you want it soft use rhino. Im parcial to Rhino just because i like it more. Rhino is 1/4" thick and soft linex is 1/8 and hard. Rhino is easier to clean as its less like sandpaper. Rhino can be sprayed by a UV coating to keep it looking great and not fading.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts