Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone comment on what kind of software differences there are between these two settings. Both are supposed to be around 100hp. Just wondering if it's mainly a fueling difference or what?

Registered
I dont know exactly what hte difference is, but i do know with TNT the turbo spools WAY faster.

On revo I launched at 20psi and 2.0x 60ft, loaded TNT and launched at 10psi and cut a 1.92 60ft

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome. I don't have my tranny built yet. I was just wanting to get an idea of what to expect if i put it on to try it with some moderate driving.

Thanks

Registered
i would like to know as well

Registered
Interesting thread! I am curious about this also, and I would also like to know if you can switch your smarty back and forth between revo and tnt or if once you load tnt you can never go back?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
You can switch it back and forth. At least i was able to on mine. The guy I bought it from had a TNT-R tune on it and I have Revo on it now.

Glad this is sparking some discussion though...I asked about it on the smarty power vendor area and bob said to just try it for myself. Wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for.

Registered
Not trying to hijak you here, but how do I go about getting the tnt (not r) download just to try it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
You just download it from mads website and write it onto the smarty

Registered
Interesting thread! I am curious about this also, and I would also like to know if you can switch your smarty back and forth between revo and tnt or if once you load tnt you can never go back?
I was wondering the same thing..

Premium Member
I was wondering the same thing..
you can go back and forth from the revo tune to the tnt and back.

but sopposively on the 04.5 an up with the newer chrysler update you cant go from the tnt to the beta. but you can go from the beta to the tnt.

03-04 you can go from the beta to the tnt and back with no problems, or atleast i can on mine.

Registered
you can go back and forth from the revo tune to the tnt and back.

but sopposively on the 04.5 an up with the newer chrysler update you cant go from the tnt to the beta. but you can go from the beta to the tnt.

03-04 you can go from the beta to the tnt and back with no problems, or atleast i can on mine.
What's the Beta software?

Registered
Yes...

There were several "Beta" softwares that were released so Marco could test items which (I believe) eventually ended up combining to make the TNT (And TNT/R) Software.

Some to this day wish they could have the Beta software back.

Registered
Here is a quote from Smartypower.com, " On the higher settings a stock engine can NOT take full advantage of it because the fuel and air supply from the stock parts are simply not enough .Aftermaket, turbo, injectors, lift pump, injection pump, automatic transmission AT LEAST are required! Also a good insurance against valve float at high boost levels is a good set of stiffer valve springs. If you need valve springs or not depends upon several factors like max boost pressure reached, rev range and of course the mileage of the stock springs."

I would start at Revo SW5, cause TNT on level 1 is the same HP, but it will be rougher on your stock parts.

Registered
Here is a quote from Smartypower.com, " On the higher settings a stock engine can NOT take full advantage of it because the fuel and air supply from the stock parts are simply not enough .Aftermaket, turbo, injectors, lift pump, injection pump, automatic transmission AT LEAST are required! Also a good insurance against valve float at high boost levels is a good set of stiffer valve springs. If you need valve springs or not depends upon several factors like max boost pressure reached, rev range and of course the mileage of the stock springs."

I would start at Revo SW5, cause TNT on level 1 is the same HP, but it will be rougher on your stock parts.

That is just why I needed to know if you could go back and forth between the two... I would like to try tnt to see how it feels on the truck, but not be stuck with it if it is way too much for what I have.:thumbsup:

Registered
There you go, maybe it doesnt do more harm than what I think it does, I will have to try the TNT also. Although a faster spool would be awesome!

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input so far guys...Does anyone else want to chime in?

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks dave!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts