Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
I only daily drive my truck because it's the only diesel available besides VW cars(and their 60,000 suv) or Mercedes. Once they bring in more diesels in midsized vehicles I'll step down or once they bring the boxer diesel to the Impereza then I'll switch to that.
:drool2: :headbang:

·
Registered
260 Posts
The trucks that cross over from mexico have been RAM for a long time, no dodge emblems on them. Just chrome 'RAM' badges.
I mean vehicles sold in mexico, not built there.
Ford trucks are called the LOBO down there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I only daily drive my truck because it's the only diesel available besides VW cars(and their 60,000 suv) or Mercedes. Once they bring in more diesels in midsized vehicles I'll step down or once they bring the boxer diesel to the Impereza then I'll switch to that.
this year bmw is bringing in some diesels and i belive so is kia.... but i still prefer the truck.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
MARK MY WORDS GUYS... I lived in Europe for many years. Nobody.. I mean nobody owns full size trucks out there. That is the reason I had Chevys and Rams my whole life.. I the next ten years we wont be able to own them anymore. They will either put a road tax on our vehicles based on GVW or jack up the price of fuel. For example, my wife drives a 05 4runnner limited. Lets say that its paid off. On top of paying almost $5 per gallon or more that they are paying she has to pay $4000 dollars for road tax (tabs pretty much) every year. They want us driving boxes and still paying 8 bucks a gallon. so boys enjoy your trucks now, because the only way you will still drive one is either for work or if you have fist fulls of cash. Personally ill put my truck in my garage and show it to my kids. And tell them thats what daddy used to drive, not that piece of scion or nissan or whatever.

You can deny it or say it wont happen... but guys its already happening overseas. First of all these Euro trash companies dont know about trucks.... Nor about full size cars. To then a ford focus is a mid size sedan.. come on....
Um well......I respectfully disagree. Its just not going to happen. Not that I can see. I dont buy into all this doomsday bullchit. Remember the world was supposed to end at the stroke of midnight on Y2K? Well 9 years later were all still tickin...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Um well......I respectfully disagree. Its just not going to happen. Not that I can see. I dont buy into all this doomsday bullchit. Remember the world was supposed to end at the stroke of midnight on Y2K? Well 9 years later were all still tickin...
i think you dont understand what im trying to say.. its not about doomsday... its about making money and environmentalist bull... kind of like this cash for clunkers bull.. if i know i have a perfectly good running truck that i am happy with, thats most likely paid off what would motivate me to sell it or give it away. plus our motors i believe are rated for 300k. most cars out there cant do that. that means the car companies are not making money selling you a new car. by the way.. my best friend owns a dealer... i couldnt believe him when he showed me this... say the program was this you give us your old car and we give you 4-5k tward a new "environmentally friendly" vehicle. and we destroy the old "gas guzzling" car. .......well..... the dealer auctions are full of our cash for clunkers cars and the dealers are buying up full size silverados that are worth 12-15k for 3k.. im telling you my friend showed me as he was bidding on them. So the cars that were supposed to get destroyed are seen on mom and pop used car lots.. marked back up to what you and i would probably pay for them.... so who lost... not the government.. because they are "making a change", not the main dealers" because they are selling overstock

·
Registered
177 Posts
if i wanna keep my big truck (yet economical) ima keep it!
no payin taxes or all that bull crud.
if this happens someone goan die! :D

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Whered you get that from? Id imagine the Ram brand will focus exclusively on trucks. The strongest line in the Dodge fold is easily the Ram trucks. Looks like they want to split them up, so the trucks carry on their tradition of excellence (my words) and success and will focus on the car side of things seperately to increase their sales and improve on quality and such. The trucks sell themselves.

Thats how I take it
I read it like that too. The only thing is if Fiat kicks Cummins out the door they dam well better have as good or better motor to replace it with.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts