Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my vp44 finally went on my 01. What do you guys suggest I purchase to replace to best work with upgrades?

62mm turbo, 150hp injectors, 150 fass lp 4"straight pipe, k&n intake no programmer

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
501 Posts
well if you want to just stick with the vp44 and not ppump it talk to jake at diesel auto power. he will get you set up.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I suggest you get an SO (standard output) VP44, they have a higher flow capacity than the HO's.
Check with the site sponsors as your choice of vendors.

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Tappet cover gasket, intake cover gasket (3rd gen is supposed to fit & be better & Return T grommets.

Ed

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I bought mine from DAP. Got here really quick even though they were out of stock.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Stock. i just tow. i bought sticks at the same time. I'm more than happy. I need another 8 months before i can tap the pump. then i'll be more than happy..lol

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I want it reliable not fast or smokey. so i compromised

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i recently did a 600 mile trip up or Oregon and i averaged 15.8 up and 16.2 on way back. That's clearly at least a 3 mpg improvement over the original pump and injectors. It had 220k on it I think when i changed it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Stock. i just tow. i bought sticks at the same time. I'm more than happy. I need another 8 months before i can tap the pump. then i'll be more than happy..lol
lol, thats too funny, 8 months, stealth cover...... just thinkin out loud

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I didn't want the cover. I thought about it but decided against it. Right now without the tap it is just as good as before IMO. It smokes a lot if I turn on the box so I don't except on rare occasions.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tappet cover gasket, intake cover gasket (3rd gen is supposed to fit & be better & Return T grommets.

Ed
all this and a cam sensor too

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So thinking on just going SO vp44. Don't need anything crazy and use car for daily driving as well. Just want to make sure it can handle the injectors and the bigger turbo with the tune on it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Remember, from what I understand, a Stealth cover may void a warranty, now. Check with your vendor. I personally do & always will deal with DAP.

Ed

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
If your worried about voiding warranty go with a pump vendor that allows you to tap the pump and still have a warranty. Why wait a year to be able to tap the pump. And I would go with a SO pump dont waste your money on a Hot Rod Pump

·
Registered
71 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.