Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am replacing the OP sending unit in my 04.5. Any tips or ideas on making this easier? I haven't even found the thing yet. I'm certain it is my problem. I went into this thinking it was in the same location of the 2nd gen engines. I was sadly mistaken. Thanks

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
you are in for a surprise! no sending unit on your truck, there is a pressure switch set at I think 6 or 8 psi, once this is met the ecm sends a voltage to the 5 volt full scale oil gauge to make it look like about 45 psi. below this level, the gauge drops to zero. remove the switch and plumb in a T and re-install the switch and add a mechanical 0-100 gauge

·
Registered
78 Posts
you are in for a surprise! no sending unit on your truck, there is a pressure switch set at I think 6 or 8 psi, once this is met the ecm sends a voltage to the 5 volt full scale oil gauge to make it look like about 45 psi. below this level, the gauge drops to zero. remove the switch and plumb in a T and re-install the switch and add a mechanical 0-100 gauge
Easy, remove small 1/8 I believe pipe plug in top of oil filter base and tap in there. No pictures, but just look on top of filter base and you will see the small plug.

Reactions: GardenTroll34

·
Registered
4 Posts
is that the same as the line going to the Turbo??

I have same problem Got the after market thing and now Dodge wants 175 to reprogram the ECM...

I am goin wit the manual gauge but just making sure where it goes...
I have a 2000 2500 24 valve turbo...

Thanks in Advance....Peace GT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.