Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 03 dually and was wanting to do something with the stock headlights. checked around and can get either OEM or some clear ones for about $100 (like them better than the oranges flare ones) - of course these dont come with new lamps - spend a little more and i could get some of the rocket ship style lights that are HID that come with the HID conversion kit....they dont look too bad but i really havent seen any installed on any trucks (anyone have any pics they want to share..)
and any suggestions/ experiences?

and since i have fog lights - if i go HID, would i need to do something different with them since it would probably look weird going down the road?
thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Have an 03 dually and was wanting to do something with the stock headlights. checked around and can get either OEM or some clear ones for about $100 (like them better than the oranges flare ones) - of course these dont come with new lamps - spend a little more and i could get some of the rocket ship style lights that are HID that come with the HID conversion kit....they dont look too bad but i really havent seen any installed on any trucks (anyone have any pics they want to share..)
and any suggestions/ experiences?

and since i have fog lights - if i go HID, would i need to do something different with them since it would probably look weird going down the road?
thanks
option 1 - bake your headlights and take them apart to remove orange corners instead of wasting your money on new ones

option 2 - throw some hid's in your stock headlamps, bright lights and pretty colors but with our trucks its kind of a pain in the cause you have to add resistors and what not.

option 3 - buy projector headlights (rocket ship lights) and hid's, have some bad lights

as far as the fogs go, a simple cheap ebay hid kit will work, no resistors or relays. if you do your heads i def. recomend doing those too. $40 and your done

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would've been able to salvage what i have already - but I tried to clean up the front surface glass on the ones I have now with a little high priced $ kit I bought and it looks like I made it worse. thats the reason for wanting to go for something different. I kinda figured I could get out cheap on the fog lights....

so the projector lights may look cool - but their actual usage is not up to par? I would rather sacrifice some looks over being able to see. or are there cheap ones vs high quality ones that are on the same playing field as standard style?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would've been able to salvage what i have already - but I tried to clean up the front surface glass on the ones I have now with a little high priced $ kit I bought and it looks like I made it worse. thats the reason for wanting to go for something different. I kinda figured I could get out cheap on the fog lights....

so the projector lights may look cool - but their actual usage is not up to par? I would rather sacrifice some looks over being able to see. or are there cheap ones vs high quality ones that are on the same playing field as standard style?
sorry about that, the forum doesnt like the word a$$... ha ha... it should of said that projector headlights and hid's would be some bada$$ lights!!!

i would get the projectors with 4300k hid's if you want to really brighten up the night!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts