Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2012 3500 CCLB dually 4x4 auto Mini Maxx w/Anarchy Tunes studs 35's 5" exhaust S&B intake
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new set of speakers for the front doors. My front left side quit working. I know I have the Infinity system that has amps on the front door speakers. Any suggestions on what I should go with? I don't really want to go all aftermarket with an external amp and all. Just something similar to stock that is a bolt in.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
i just put sony's in my dodge just hose clamped the infinity amp to the speaker . it worked great :lol3:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bose is in a class by itself.

·
Registered
2012 3500 CCLB dually 4x4 auto Mini Maxx w/Anarchy Tunes studs 35's 5" exhaust S&B intake
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
117 Posts
no it will work but it never sounds good IMO

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it!. There are two wires coming from the amp that go to the speaker's signal (+) and return (-). All I have to do is attach them to the new speakers, and viola!

·
Registered
10 Posts
front speakers

guys, just got a call today from the dealer I bought my 2007.5 dodge from. They don't call it a recall but its the same thing. They have a known problem with the front speakers and will replace at no charge. I have the number of the recall but left it at work. They told me that any dealer should be able to look it up and ifyou have a problem email me and I will get the info for you.:peelout

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure wish it would work on my 98.5

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just put alpines in my front doors. Don't carry as much bass as I had hoped, but I guess that's what the sub is for. If you look on crutchfield's website they have a diagram on how to bypass the amps on the speakers. It's more than just two wires because the tweeters and rear speakers run through there too. I like the alpines a lot, but would prob go JL if I did it again.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can just transfer the stock amps to the new front speakers, right? I have an aftermarket head unit, I can't spare the cash for a new one, amp, and speakers. What would be the best combination to get my sound back? New speakers and the stock amps, New speakers and head unit, or new speakers and an amp, or some other combo?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I had the amps took out of my truck,and had the whole thing rewired.If you go with a cd player thats has 3v or more,it sounds real close to factory amps

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I only have six wires coming into my amp from the door. Orange, brown, black, yellow, green, and blue. They don't match what my service manual shows. What's up with that?

Reactions: Ryan12v

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I only have six wires coming into my amp from the door. Orange, brown, black, yellow, green, and blue. They don't match what my service manual shows. What's up with that?
Just JB weld, duct tape..the factory lil amp thing to the back of an aftermarket speaker and you will be fine....a buddy of mine just attached longer wire and let the amp lay in the botton of the door!!!

I did the JB weld trick, went with some maybe $150 speakers and it sounds the same if not better as every other dodge with the original system....:w:

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
You will Never find a speaker ( aftermarket) that will give you the same sound. The Q of the speaker as well as impediance and other mechanical factors are matched to the factory amp and door volume of each particular vehicle. You should just go to dealer and buy a factory speaker. Make sure to give them the vin ( last 8) as to be sure to get the correct speaker.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
factory speakers with the amp are like $260+(each) so you do the math and decide how much that "factory sound" is worth to you??

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Mine sounded good with the aftermarket speakers and the factory amps but my new back door speakers sounded like they were blown.It had something to do with the amps

·
Registered
405 Posts
My passenger side works some time and sound great when it does but the rest of the time it just sounds like CRAP. kinda embarrassing to smoke out a fagamax then get blown out by there factory sound system and yours says Infinity on them. I am thinking of just rewiring the whole truck with a new head unit, 300 watt amp and new speakers. I want a FASS worse

·
Horse Power JUNKIE
1,689 Posts
So it sounds like this whole factory amp thing a real pain in the a$$..... I've been wanting to put new door speakers in cause I have NOO bass what so ever I can crank the factory stereo up all the way and it not that loud.

I almost pulled the trigger on new speakers this week, but now I'm thinking I should just get a new head unit too. Am I wrong?

How hard is it to just bypass all the factory amp stuff?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Save your self up a full Sunday and and just run new wire through the doors and rip out anything that looks stock

·
Registered
163 Posts
So what speakers is everyone using? My CD player is done, and since the drivers side speaker went, I can barely hear the radio with the windows down.

I wouldnt mind doing components...

-Dustin-

1 - 20 of 32 Posts