Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new thermostat kit, part number m-3802968. This is the thermostat that is supposed to be a higher quality replacement for our trucks than the standard napa specials, like the one that was in my truck. This new thermostat has two vents, 12:00 and 6:00, and they don't fit into the opening in the thermostat housing. This keeps the thermostat from seeming like it's fully seated in the housing. Is there something obvious that I'm missing here, or did I get the wrong part. The part number on the thermostat itself is m-3972071.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good write up. He talks about how the jiggle pins need to move freely. With the thermostat I got the jiggle pins are hitting the edge of the housing, which is keeping them from moving freely. I cross checked all the part numbers and everything should be right. Has anyone else used this exact part, and if so how did it fit in your truck?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talked to a cummins tech. He said to take a pair of dikes and snip one of the jiggle pins off so that the thermostat seats, and not to worry about the hole. Said it's too small to make a difference. I'll give it a try. Sure hope I don't ruin a 25.00 thermostat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts