Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok fellas i may be beating a dead horse here but i had the fuel gauge not working on my truck so i figured id drop the tank and fix it for 60 bucks with just replacing the fuel level sender. come to find out the intake pump was cracked in half and the fuel level sender was laying in the bottom of the tank doing its own thing, so i had to go to the parts store and purchase a whole new intake fuel pump, so i got it replaced and put everything back started the truck up bled the injectors got what i thought was all the air out and now i cant keep the truck running. it died on me on my way to go do some bird hunting ruining my day, so anyone have a idea of what i did wrong, also i get the p1693 and p0463 codes does this have anything to do with it aswell. please help.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Your running an Edge comp with a stock lift pump?

Well at least you have gauges, what is your fuel Pressure like?

Are you sure all fittings are tight and you are not drawing air?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've checked all fittings unless I didn't seal the lid all the way around the fuel pump itself on the tank, you think maybe that could be it and I have 10-15 psi and I have an bd lift pump

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Personally I would pull the intank pump again pull the guts out of it and put in a drawstraw... If you already got a BD pump...:confused013:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ok so i just dropped the tank again and reseated the intank fuel pump, then re-bled the injectors and made sure there wasnt any air in the overflow banjo on the injection pump, then it fired right up and ran fine then proceeded to puff white smoke so i figured it still had air in the lines and double checked and bled them again, it then felty like the pedal was weak and sputter then cleared itself out, so i was ready for a test drive, got to the end of my road hit the breaks and bam it died. so now what do i do, its giving me the p0463, telling me the fuel level sending unit voltage is too high, so is the new fuel pump causing some kinda screw up to not get enough fuel, i have stated in my signature that i have a lift pump but it came on the truck when i bought it, so is that interfearing along with my engine block mounted lift pump because its still there aswell, would it be best to eleminate the after market lift pump and factory lift pump and fuel filter/bowl then purchase a fass but still be able to get the correct fuel gauge reading in cab? i know my post is all over the place but please help.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
you are all overthe place i would agree. how many lft pumps do you have? sounds like at least 2. one in the factory location and one in the tank. the bd pump where is it located? how did you read your codes?
it sounds like you re getting air in the lines somewhere, not the pump. the in tank pump is a piece of trash even when it is working. i had to install abooster pump on mine to get enough pressure. replaced all of that with an AD. you probably hve an air leak in one of the furel lines you messed whether it is in the tank or on top of the fuel module or somewhere else. anywhere you might have messee with the lines.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok guys i had enough of trying to figure out what was going on and fixing the wiring issues on my frame lift pump and engine mounted lift pump and eliminated them both and bought a fass 95 and put it on there. so everything is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts