Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
not if it the ones on the front axle i imagine those are the ones you are talking about. but its really not that hard to take the axle out.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this better

Okay, that picture is a couple years old so I guess it is decieving. When I helped my dad with is u joints on his ford we had to pull the axle and it was a pain in the so I have been putting this off! Heres a current picture, less decieving

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
yea you have to remove the front hubs, and check there may be a reatinging clip in the front transfer case on the end of the axel, also a push pin, the push pin needs to be pushed out, then the pinion gears will fall out after you get the push pin out remove the center bolt shaft remove the pinions and go back the the wheel hub remove it and the axel should slide right out... if i can find some pics i will send them to you...

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks though

I don't like to take it to the shop, my dad made me take auto mechanics, he said even if I don't do the work myself, you will know what it entailes and I won't get ripped off as easy. He has 6 daughters and I was the only one that took the classes, the rest just ignored him when he tried to make them take mechanics. Last time that I broke down and took it to the shop my tranny was stuck in granny gear. I was pretty sure that it was the throttle petal control sensor, but I took it in because they said that they would diagnose it for free. They called and said that they needed 3,500 dollars to clean the transmission so that they could diagnose it. I was mad, because I change my tranny fluid and I knew that $3500 was the price of a rebuild not to have it cleaned. I told them to put it togethor and I would come get it. I came home changed the tpps sensor, and never had a problem again. I hate to say it but alot of men try to screw women and not in the fun way! I will change it and then take it in for an alignment, I am glad to hear that I don't have to remove the axle though,... that was a pain in the ! My dads ford had to be half torn apart to remove the u joint!

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
i dont know what truck you have but you do not kave to pull any gears out or pins or anything. take off the wheels then the brakes then the hubs then pry out the axle shaft then change the u joint but maybe i am wrong but probably not

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.