Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they fairly cheap? never seen really low pressure on the stock gauge, but with the truck apart im gonna add a mechanical gauge and maybe a new pump...where can i find them?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Probably should just check with your local Cummins dealer for the pump. Do you have yoru engine apart already and just want to be pro-active? Why the mechanical guage? Do you not trust the dash? Your dash oil pressure is from the same sensor that the ECM uses. I think that after a while you won't watch your mechanical gauge any more than you watch the dash. Just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Don't fix something that ain't broke, has no history of breaking, and ain't likely to break ever..

Reactions: NC4WD

·
Banned
432 Posts
Don't fix something that ain't broke, has no history of breaking, and ain't likely to break ever..
x2......unless you're doing a complete rebuild and are putting in all new components.
These are not failure-prone items.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
should be clearance measurements these georotor pumps are very reliable and if its in spec leave it alone, its not like an old 350 chev oil pump

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
X3... if you have ever seen a 5.9 oil pump its bullet proof, a gear driven monster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts