Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Quick question about removing the rear discs. Do you have to pull the hub to remove the discs or should they just slip off after you remove the caliper and carrier? This is on an 03 with the AAM11.5. Thanks.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
When you take the caliper off there is one of the little spring clips around one of the lugs to hold it on. Mine were pressed on very tight and the new ones went on tight to the hub. It will take a good amount of persuasion to get it off if it is anything like the rears on my truck.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
I took a hammer to mine and wailed on it like a red headed step child. Still running 40K miles later so it couldn't have done much harm.

·
Registered
276 Posts
im pretty sure you have to pull the hub and axle shafts to get the rotors off at least thats what I had to do on our 06 3500's, should have a full floating aam 11.5.

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you loosen the e-brake pads inside the hubs they will come off easier. Look for the little rubber plug on the back side and remove. there will be a star wheel that you can back off and the pads will loosen. just make sure to adjust back when you put it back together

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my truck with 101K on it and the original owner never changed the rear brakes. I ended up replacing calipers because they has been destroyed. Depending on how long they've been on there, you'll NEED a BFH to get them off. I ended up taking chunks out of the rotor before mine came off. Most of the problem was getting over the lip from the e-brake. the genius liked to drive with the e-brake on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts