Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to delete the DPF and EGR and would feel better with a scan tool. For those of you that are not running the Edge Juice, what scan tool are you using to delete codes? If you can, give me the brand and part# of the scanner. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had the superchips tuner before I got my edge, it works but you have to be more patient. I know if you don't clear codes every time before startup, it takes about 20 seconds for you to get a CEL and another 5 sec to get a cat full message.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure the SC will not work on my C/C. I'm looking for a scan tool that will read and delete codes only.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Good call, I did not know that. Good luck.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I bought a cheap Inova (sp?) at the Walmart and it works perfectly as far as reading codes and deleting them. It was $45. It does not display sensor data or freeze frame data. It does display pending codes, which are codes that haven't been set enough times to light the CEL. It's very easy to clear all the codes.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I bought a cheap Inova (sp?) at the Walmart and it works perfectly as far as reading codes and deleting them. It was $45. It does not display sensor data or freeze frame data. It does display pending codes, which are codes that haven't been set enough times to light the CEL. It's very easy to clear all the codes.
Thanks Dale, Do you have the part # for the Inova? Also, is your truck a 6.7L?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts