Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a program to update to the BD, but have no clue how to remove it from the truck. I press the button to remove the programs from the truck, it gives a message of configuring to vehicle for a few seconds, then starts to re-download. When do I unplug the programmer to update it?

Zach

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Call the dealer you bought it from, they should be able to talk you through it on the phone in 7 minutes while it does it's thing.

Too much typing to explain in full, but it is quite simple once you do it a few times....

Main Menu > Install Download > Then the tuner will tell you that tuning is installed, press Y to continue or N to return to stock.....

If you press N (as in No, which confuses some people) the tuner itself will guide you through the process.

Yes, it takes as long to return to stock as it did to originally load the tune.

If you do not successfully return to stock, you can vin lock the DL and will not be able to reload the tuning.

I recommend you contact the dealer you bought it from and get some assistance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alrighty, sounds good

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just return the truck to stock...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it, I didn't think that was back to stock. Well hopefully Pedefile Larry will be on it in a few.

Zach

1 - 5 of 5 Posts