Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

removed the plate

692 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ilm99cumminss
So today, i pulled the plate out, just to see what its all about. people say its a real smokey rig with no plate, in my truck i really couldnt get it to smoke, all it did was raise egt's like 150* i used to get 36lbs, and i looked up and saw it between 38-40lbs, which i know is no good. i did notice a little bit more top end speed then usual. also, i want lots of smoke, because that means i have lots of fuel, im running stock everything pretty much in the fuel area, i know i need to get some Gov. springs on the way. Are DV's a must get for more power? my build is a goal of 450rwhp. my order of parts are gov spring, a double/triple disc, some dv's, im hopin to be around 400 when i get the new TC.l any input?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· I want to marry my truck
1,679 Posts
Don't bother with dv's till later. For now, fuel plate, afc, and injectors for fuel. Then whatever you want to do for turbo or compounds. That will get you where you want to be.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mad mike, you got a pretty truck

· Registered
562 Posts
i always woundered what was in the back of your truck.....is that a sculpture of a finger giving the bird?

2,262 Posts
i always woundered what was in the back of your truck.....is that a sculpture of a finger giving the bird?
yeah, it was my ranger from back in the day. Was at the ex's house and tried to drive home in the winter, it was glare ice and got stuck in the middle of the damn road. Loaded up the bed with snow for weight to get home, then decieded it needed a shape, and figured that would be good for tailgaters...

· Registered
304 Posts
thats awesome! Ha-Ha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.