Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I removed my edge comp and sent it off(updates/hot unlock) and now I have little to ZERO boost according to my guage(I think I saw 4psi once on my way home). I can hear the turbo whistling away but its not building any boost. Kind of sad going up a steep incline at 30mph at WOT. Also I got 3 codes that I'll have to post later when I get home from work. I just bought a scan tool so Im thinking of trying to use it to reset the computer to see if that will work? has anyone else seen these symptoms when removing their chip?

Thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
hats funny lol when you take the edge comp out your leaving your computer circuit to the ecm open which is throwing your truck into limp mode so unless you put your original map sensor connections back in to the ecm your truck wont run or just dont drive the truck till the edge gets back if ya need more help pm me for my number and ill call you

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
After you removed the comp did you plug the map sonsor back in to the factory wire?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the response guys, Ive never played with the Map sensor as it edge chip was already installed when I got it. So where is this sensor located and what does it look like? Hopefully thats it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Behind and below the fuel filter housing. Sticks out the side of the block 2-3". Follow the edge wires from your firewall and look for the tee. Make sure you dont drop the rubber seal around the plugs.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Im an idiot...found the sensor unpluged the edge and put the stock on in. Now it works......thanks guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you punch it now you might through an over boost code with the HX40 and/or boost elbow. Don't worry about it the truck will just defuel until you get the box back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts