Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I removed my edge comp and sent it off(updates/hot unlock) and now I have little to ZERO boost according to my guage(I think I saw 4psi once on my way home). I can hear the turbo whistling away but its not building any boost. Kind of sad going up a steep incline at 30mph at WOT. Also I got 3 codes that I'll have to post later when I get home from work. I just bought a scan tool so Im thinking of trying to use it to reset the computer to see if that will work? has anyone else seen these symptoms when removing their chip?

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
When you sent your comp in did you remember to plug your stock MAP sensor harness back into the map sensor.

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
it's normal when you pull the box (no boost fooler) with everything else is still hooked up

it does suck driving around with no box :lol3:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks guys! I'll have to try that. Now what does this sensor look like? and where is it located? Sounds like that is definately the problem.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Located toward the rear of the motor to the right of the fuel filter canister. Your comp was pluged into it. Did you leave the comp harness on the motor or send it in with the box.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Located toward the rear of the motor to the right of the fuel filter canister. Your comp was pluged into it. Did you leave the comp harness on the motor or send it in with the box.
Thanks for the info....I left it on the truck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You need to unplug the Comp harness from the Map Sensor, and plug the stock harness back in to the Map sensor.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Im an idiot...found the sensor unpluged the edge and put the stock on in. Now it works......thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts