Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Canadian Diesel Junkie
1,274 Posts
Just send out the wife/girlfriend while you enjoy a hot cup of coffee....

·
Canadian Diesel Junkie
1,274 Posts
Wives are FAR more expensive than girlfriends, especially if you have both and the wife finds out.

Lol just adding humor to the forums.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Warmup

Yeah, that Wife/girlfriend thing doesn't work very well but it does warm things up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
park mine in garage , girlfreinds car outside:hehe: sorry off topic

·
Registered
824 Posts
Prestige makes a nice one. It has a delay, but is only programmable to a certain time of a delay.
Also BE CAREFULL as most remote starts do not have a neutral safety, so if you leave it in gear, the truck will take off on you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you get one, don't stop at just the 2 way system, go for the cellular activated add on. I thought I could live with the basic system, and I find myself wanting the cellular app starter. Inevitably, the remote wont start your truck from a building. GO BIG OR GO HOME...

·
Registered
124 Posts
look at the astrostart 5225 its a 2 way remote with a mile range on it and you can set the wait to crank at either 15 or 30 seconds. It is manual tranny compatible so if you are worried about leaving your truck in gear it wont allow it to start. that is an additional interface part that forces you to do a 3 step sequence by putting it in neutral, applying the e-brake, and exiting the vehicle while it is still running and shuts down when you shut your door.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ide really like to do this as well for my auto... Dont really need a delay, dont have a grid heater, and it never gets cold enough where im at to need one anyway... It would just be nice to be able to point out the window down the rocky drive way, start it, and then hop in the shower.
Sooo a cheap one!!! ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Did a compustart two way a couple months ago. Was under $300 installed. Money well spent when it's winter from Nov to March.

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,648 Posts
A bunch of decent ones out there just spend some time reading the reviews on them. Viper is decent we have a excalibur on our 07 ram and it's a nice system that has a lifetime warranty. We got pretty much the top of the line one. 1 mile range,lcd display, shows vehicle run time, alerts you if the alarm goes off and also shows temp inside vehicle. We got it installed for 330. It's also compatible with diesels. You can ad the service to use your phone to start it but it's a yearly fee and only works if your phone has service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts