Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I relocate my filter on a 96 or add another filter under the truck. I would like to add a holder where I could use a larger cheaper baldwin with water seperation. I paid 30.00 for the filter at pep boys

·
AlGores worst nightmare
1,953 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
you want prime loc. try them I have one on my truck.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
can I relocate my filter on a 96 or add another filter under the truck. I would like to add a holder where I could use a larger cheaper baldwin with water seperation. I paid 30.00 for the filter at pep boys
You could use this

PRIME-LOC - FUEL FILTER RELOCATION KIT ('94-'96 DODGE)-Dodge Cummins and Ford Power Stroke Diesel Truck Accessories - Geno's Garage

or add something like the set up in this thread...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-powertrain/52257-new-injectors.html

·
AlGores worst nightmare
1,953 Posts
Why is the prime-loc for 94-96 different from the one for 97?
Different filter. '94-'96 have a spin on filter, '97 up have a cartridge style.

·
Premium Member
16,205 Posts
The Prime-Locs just end up getting in the way all the time.

No problem installing a filter on the frame rail under the truck.
Napa sells a filter housing for about $30 that will accept a wide variety of filters.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
What does it get in the way of all the time?
Access to the injection pump and lift pump. Every time you want to do something with the AFC or the fuel plate or adjust the idle or push the lift pump button it's in the way. Changing the stock fuel filter is easy once you learn how.

·
Premium Member
16,205 Posts
What does it get in the way of all the time?
As Joe said.
Big problem is the Prime-Loc shares bolts with the intake horn. Sort of a hassle that you basically have to remove the horn every time you want to access most anything on the driver's side of the engine.

Every single person I know who has a Prime-Loc has removed it. At least they're easy to find used.

·
Registered
111 Posts
As Joe said.
Big problem is the Prime-Loc shares bolts with the intake horn. Sort of a hassle that you basically have to remove the horn every time you want to access most anything on the driver's side of the engine.

Every single person I know who has a Prime-Loc has removed it. At least they're easy to find used.
No, not really. I would like one !!!:stirpot:

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Old post but I still use mine I have to relocate it now.Not for someone that plays with there afc every time they stop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts