Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
truck is falling apart, rings or sleeve job required, possible injectors, some tranny work.

I know, alot of work, but its quiet out now, best to get it all done now.

Who would you recomend?

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
for the tranny try A&C Transmission (Robert)they do good work and back it up with excellent customer service. as for engines try both Best Engines (Jerry) or alberta engine rebuilders.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Go to NADP they can fiix all the problems you are having in one place.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you have deep pockets... NADP
If your pockets aren't that deep:
A&C transmissions
GCL diesel for sticks
and as nickg recommended; Best Engines/Alberta engine rebuilders... there are a number of god places to go... check each out ask a few questions get some quotes... NADP may be able to do it all in one place/shop... but very pricy.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I dont know about NADP's short block, but I know their tranny price aint cheap. I'll bet that Best engine price will be reasonable, infact I'll call Jerry tomorrow and get a quote so see what it actually goes for,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx for the heads up guys. truck is smoking pretty bad now. not cool black smoke just when i hammer it, but blue smoke, all the time not just at idle(which is rough at best). i goto work monday then she is going into shop.

tranny is ok, just weird shifting into overdrive. prolly more me worrying than anything wrong. I hear all thru-out these pages that our trannies are weak, so i assume if im going thru a motor at 180k that my tranny is soon to be going too. or at the very least, needing some TLC. if i replace my motor, my tranny will HAVE to last!! :banghead: :banghead:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts