Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey i posted up here about 3 weeks ago that i bought a 2007.5 mega cab with the 6.7L. How often is it supposed to regen? I havent seen anything about a regen since i have been driving it? Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Unless you have a programmer that alerts you when it's in regen, nothing on the truck will let you know it's in regen. The egine temp might go up a little more than normal.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mine tells me on my over head. Regen in progress or something like that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well if you get to the 80% on the filter which is pretty late.. it will tell you a regen is happening... UNless you have a set of guages.. IE Bully Dog PMT that can read the factory pyros that show exh temps fore and aft of dpf then thats the only way to know.
It happens rather frequently depending on driving style. Youll see temps reach the 1250's in the exh and thats when its regenerating

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi All
The newest flash if done in it's entirety, should include an update to the CCN which will give more comprehensive feedback of the Regen process, including "Regeneration In Process" & "RegenerationCompleted" , as indicated in the DVD , CD & Visor sticker , supplied at No Cost by Dodge
Charlie

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm getting the impression that some dealers may be updating the ECM , but not the CCN
So the owner does not see the impact on the OHC and maybe some of Ya'll may not be getting the documentation kit. 18-013-08 was released last May, but revision A was updated in Dec, & the doccumentation kit was revised as well. What you have depends on when you got it & whom you got it from.
Charlie

·
Registered
37 Posts
I asked my dealer the same thing as was told that if I was doing lots of highway driving I may not see anything displayed on the overhead console. They said I would only see something if the truck needed a regen and wasn't about to do it on it's own. And they said in that case just take it for a good drive on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts